Telemedicine physician provides remote medical care to patients via audio and video calls as well as written communications. The telemedicine practitioner responsibilities are to utilize video-audio communication for COVID-19 services, cases, discuss and review medical conditions, assess, diagnose, treat and address patients' concerns regarding the use of telemedicine services. This is a remote position. Candidates may be based anywhere in the United States. We will assist with obtaining an emergency license in California.
This position is for candidates based in the following state:
Physicians in other states may refer to our other Telemedicine Physician postings to apply for the correct region.
Days Needed: Monday – Sunday; based on a mutually agreed upon, predetermined schedule.
Shifts available: Day, Swing and Graveyard shifts available.
Minimum number of hours per week: 30
Prefer to have 2 or more active permanent state licenses in the following states: AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NV, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI
Experience working with multiple EMRs and telecommunication platforms
Additional clinical requirements
Ability to diagnose and treat Covid-19 patients, continue to self-learn, and be current diagnosis and treatment
Ability to diagnose and treat common telehealth, urgent care chief complaints, continue to self-learn and be current on physician specialty and urgent care diagnosis and treatment
Continuous working knowledge of billing codes, such as IDC-10, CPT, and modifiers, and the applications of each
ESSENTIAL TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All duties listed below are essential to the job.)
• General Staff Accountabilities
• Conduct video, phone, synchronous and asynchronous consultations (depending on state) and message with patients, including assessing screening, diagnosing and prescribing medication for patients as necessary.
• Adhere to company guidelines and complete all required training.
• Handle patient care for at least 8 hours per week or more by answering patient clinical questions, prescribing medication as appropriate and providing medical guidance as necessary.
• Can provide clinical care for COVID-19 patients.
• Employees’ conduct conforms to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct of Driven Care Inc.
• Effectively protects all health information from unauthorized access per HIPAA regulations and all applicable local and state laws.
• Exhibits good attendance and punctuality.
• Observes allotted break and meal periods as prescribed by Policy and follows timecard procedures by accurately punching in and out.
• Attends personal affairs to avoid any interference with productivity.
• Adheres to the Dress Code during video calls.
• Functions with an awareness of patient safety issues and applies basic principles of safety as identified within Driven Care Inc.
• Follows the occurrence reporting policy and procedure in reporting any potential safety issues.
Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, patients’ family, midlevel's, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, and other members of the healthcare team feel welcome and respected.
Reports to: Owner and Chief Executive Officer
Working Conditions: Option to work remotely or in office
Job Types: Full-time
Pay: $110-$130 per hour