One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 180 locations across 28 cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
On January 31, 2020 we marked a milestone with our public listing on Nasdaq, but our work is far from over. As we continue to grow and broaden our impact, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
As we continue to expand and transform the primary care experience, we’re looking for energetic and passionate leaders to manage the people, processes and technology that make One Medical unique. As a Virtual Medical Director, you’ll have the chance to lead your virtual team in demonstrating clinical excellence and practicing sustainability. In collaboration with your manager, the National Behavioral Health Director, and your operations partner, you’ll solve problems and shape our organizational priorities. You will be able to continually develop your management and leadership skills as you learn about our business and its operations and engage your team.
What you’ll be working on:
- Managing a remote team of mental health providers (Therapists, Care Managers and Psychiatrists) and ensuring that the providers on your team meet our clinical standards and patient care needs
- Guiding and supporting providers’ professional development
- Partnering with Operations Manager to support a collaborative, positive provider community
- Managing communication, with context, between your team, other mental health teams and primary care teams throughout the organization; represent One Medical to the local community
- Owning specific team management and HR functions
- Providing clinical tele-behavioral health services including the assessment, treatment planning and treatment of psychiatric concerns, psychosocial issues, and health behavior change through brief psychotherapeutic interventions
- Participating in weekly rounds with psychiatric consultants and care managers and other mental health providers
- Collaborating with teammates via daily Zoom huddles, as well as with broader clinical team including Primary Care Providers, Care Managers, and Psychiatrist Consultants
Education, licenses, and experiences required for this role:
- Must be currently licensed, or license eligible, to practice independently in California. (clinical psychologist and LCSW, licensure only)
- Preferred: Highest degree in academic concentration (PhD, PsyD or equivalent)
- Minimum Requirement: Masters degree in social work and a minimum of 5 years of experience practicing independently
- Minimum of one year overseeing a multidisciplinary team
- Experience with providing evidence based psychotherapeutic interventions/approaches such as cognitive-behavioral therapies (ACT, CBT, DBT), brief interpersonal therapy and/or other evidenced short term models
- Experience providing tele-behavioral health services
- Interest in occasionally providing occupational professional topic presentations to various internal and external audiences
- Willing to work California hours, if located outside of California
- Willingness to be credentialed by our Health Service Partner
One Medical Virtual Medical Directors also demonstrate:
- A passion for human-centered mental health care
- Clinical proficiency in evidence-based modalities
- The commitment to developing others through coaching, feedback, exposure, and stretch assignments which aligns employee career development goals with organizational objectives
- The ability to establish clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results including holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- The ability to address difficult issues and supports others who do the same
- The ability to build teams with an appropriate and diverse mix of styles, perspectives, and experience that will apply their skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- The ability to create a climate in which people are motivated to do their best by inviting input and sharing ownership and visibility
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
Supporting your medical career
- Malpractice Insurance - Malpractice fees to insure your practice at One Medical is covered 100%.
- UpToDate Subscription - An evidence-based clinical research tool
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) - Receive an annual stipend for continuing medical education
- Rounds - Providers end patient care one hour early each week to participate in this shared learning experience
This is a full-time, virtual role that requires a California license.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Subject to applicable law, proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.