Maven is the largest virtual clinic for women's and family health, offering continuous, holistic care for fertility, pregnancy and parenting. Maven’s award-winning digital programs are trusted by leading employers and health plans to reduce costs and drive better health outcomes for both parents and children. Founded in 2014 by CEO Kate Ryder, Maven has supported more than 10 million women and families to date. Maven has raised more than $200 million in funding from leading investors including Sequoia, Oak HC/FT, Dragoneer Investment Group and Lux Capital.
Recent awards include:
- Built In NYC Best Place to Work (2022)
- Built In NYC Best Midsize Companies to Work for (2022)
- Built In NYC Best Paying Companies (2022)
- FORTUNE Best Place to Work in Health Care (2021)
- FORTUNE Best Place to Work in New York (2021)
- PARENTS@WORK Best Places to Work for Parents (2021)
- ROCK HEALTH Disruptive Founder of the Year (2021)
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK Certified (2021)
- FAST COMPANY #1 Most Innovative Company in Health (2020)
- CB INSIGHTS Digital Health 150 (2020)
- INTERBRAND Breakthrough Brand (2020)
Learn more about the meaningful impact your talents will serve for Maven users by clicking here.
Maven is looking for a Medical Director with Maternal Health expertise to help support our Growth team in working closely with employers and health plans to bring a better standard of care to women and families. Reporting directly to the CMO, the Medical Director will be an important member of Maven’s clinical team, and will collaborate closely with our Growth organization, which spans Marketing, Sales, and Client Success. The Medical Director will support external discussions on Maven’s suite of products spanning preconception, fertility, maternity and parenting through age 10 - articulating how Maven’s care model can complement in-person care to drive better health outcomes. This person may also be involved in providing clinical expertise to support content development, campaigns, presentations, and other marketing efforts. Note that this position could be part time or full-time, depending on other clinical commitments, and the role will be scoped commensurately.
As Medical Director - Maternity at Maven, you will:
- Be an external clinical voice and face of Maven, articulating Maven’s care model and ability to drive clinical outcomes
- Collaborate closely with the growth team to support external conversations, connecting directly with employer and health plan clients and prospects and building relationships with clinical leadership within Maven’s clients and prospects over time
- Support Maven’s marketing team with clinical expertise to support content development and other external activities (e.g., webinars)
- Understand specific, clinical, market needs - based on sales and client discussions - and help translate these needs to inform clinical product strategy
- Work with Maven’s clinical research and outcomes team - to ensure that research and outcomes goals are aligned with market needs and discussions
- Be a clinical voice and thought leader at Maven, including support for marketing and communication efforts as needed
We’re looking for you to bring:
- Passion to drive better maternal health outcomes, and grow new and innovative care models in women’s and family health
- Experience with a high-growth start-up and the excitement at the challenge of building a business with ambitious goals
- Experience in a client-facing role or speaking frequently externally
- Knowledge of the telemedicine industry - both from regulatory/policy point of view, as well as, the latest results from clinical studies
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals who offer different skill sets and backgrounds, including cross-functional teams spanning Growth, Clinical Operations, and Product
- Superb communication skills, decisive prioritization, and ability to say no
- MD or DO from an accredited medical school, Medical Board Certification, and completion of medical residency program (OB/GYN preferred)
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
- These benefits apply to Maven full time employees. Those joining our provider network on a contractual/ 1099 basis are not eligible for the benefits listed below****
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for Mavens is 100% covered by Maven
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for Mavens and generous credits for family & friends
- Free One Medical membership and access to Spring Health
- Work from anywhere IN THE WORLD summer! You choose where you want to work from all summer, and go.
- 401(k) match
- Unlimited paid time off
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- In-office catered breakfast on Tuesday, Wednesday Grubhub lunch program & Thursday happy hours (SF & NYC).
- One-time stipend to enhance your work from home experience if you're remote, and ongoing $50p/m reimbursement for WFH expenses.
- A variety of virtual team events such as musical performances, game nights & happy hours
- 16 weeks parental leave and 1 weeks flexible time upon return + $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend
- Annual professional development stipend and access to a personal coach through Maven!
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g email@example.com). Maven Clinic will also never ask for bank account information (routing, account numbers), social security numbers, passwords or any other sensitive information to be delivered over email, or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.