Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities: Provides expert medical opinions as a consultant on occupational issues associated with cardiology, particularly electrocardiogram (EKG) over reads. Renders clinical opinions to physicians regarding the need and timing for follow-up on abnormal EKGs. Can interpret other types of cardiac assessments in the context of various occupational settings. Uses education, skill, and experience to address customer agency concerns about cardiac issues demonstrated by EKG.
The Joint Commission (TJC) – Quality and Safety
- Participates in preparation for TJC accreditation, as requested
- Maintains all medical records securely according to TJC standards.
- Maintains appointment to clinical staff and privileges for all services assigned according to FOH Credentialing and Privileging policy.
- Maintains professional-certification and licenses to practice in accordance with professional societies and state regulations.
- Participates in FOH peer review process as requested.
- Performs EKG over reads and recommends appropriate follow-up to the occupational health clinic nurses and physicians as well as Reviewing Medical Officers (RMOs) in accordance with the FOH ECG policy and SOP (FOH PC POL 402 and SOP 401.12).
- Responds to routine requests for EKG over read interpretations within 24 hours (1 business day).
- Responds to STAT requests for EKG over read interpretations within 2 hours of receipt of request.
- Interprets EKG over read results in the context of the information provided by the examining physician and/or RMO.
- Submits EKG over read interpretations electronically in accordance with FOH policies and procedures, and Federal cybersecurity policies and SOPs.
- Content of written and oral consultation cardiology determinations are 100 percent accurate.
- Demonstrates the ability to convey expert opinions and advice using excellent communication skills, both written and oral. These communications will primarily be written.
- Supports the cardiology consultative needs for FOH and any Federal agencies as the need arises.
- Demonstrates a strong level of technical expertise in cardiology and provides consultation of the highest caliber.
- Demonstrates the ability to work and communicate effectively, particularly in high stress situations.
- Possesses or is able to acquire a strong technical knowledge regarding federal occupational safety and health regulations.
- Performs work as contract employee according to both FOH and vendor rules and
- Submits monthly billing in the required format and by the specified deadline when requested.
- Report billing for services with 100 percent accuracy.
- Completes all required training and demonstrates proficiency in using FOH IT systems (including FedHealth) for the performance of reviews and communication.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Adobe, and HIPAA-compliant encryption software. This includes but not limited to Word, Excel, creation and/or conversation of a PDF document, Microsoft outlook, ability to send and receive encrypted emails, and proper use of a fax
- Reviews and complies with all Federal cybersecurity policies and SOPs.
- Demonstrates a high level of professional conduct.
- Provides quality work products in a short time frame, which is pre-determined by the type of work that is to be completed.
- Works with designated management, safety, and human relations personnel of Federal agency clients on matters pertaining to occupational health and safety and related programs and service.
- Partners with FOH team members (AE, Ops lead, AMA, Program Manager for medical review) to provide prompt response to customer inquiries related to case reviews or urgent consultation.
- Active board-certification in cardiology.
- Minimum of five (5) years of cardiology experience in a clinic setting, preferably an occupational
- Must possess expert understanding of Federal safety and health regulations, experience in addressing ADA requests.
STGi is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy.
STGi is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.