Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the role:
Equip is seeking a full time board-certified or board-eligible MD/DO in Pediatrics, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Adolescent Medicine to join its rapidly growing clinical care team caring for patients ages 6-24 years with eating disorders in a 100% virtual Telehealth platform.
Physicians are essential members of Equip's 5-person virtual treatment team, working alongside a therapist, dietitian, peer mentor, and family mentor to help children, adolescents, and young adults recover from eating disorders. This is a remote position with flexible hours, with priority for afternoon and early evening hours in your time zone.
- Provide evidence-based medical care to patients with eating disorders and their families in a virtual clinic (Telehealth) setting
- Monitor orthostatic vital signs, labs, and other medical data to ensure medical stability. Physicians also have access to a medical assistant to assist with obtaining medical records and vital signs, as well as ordering labs and medications
- Work with care team to prescribe an appropriate level of physical activity based upon the patient’s clinical status
- Collaborate on a multidisciplinary treatment team with therapists, dietitians, patient mentors, and family mentors
- Communicate via electronic medical record messaging to support patients and carers, and to communicate with the treatment team
- Communicate and collaborate with outside providers
- Document effectively and in a timely manner within Equip electronic medical record in accordance with Equip’s policies and procedures
- Participate collaboratively in Treatment Team meetings, supervision, continuing education and department meetings
- Supervise and collaborate with Equip’s nurse practitioners as needed
- Have and maintain an active, unrestricted medical license and be qualified and willing to obtain medical licensure in other states (costs and licensing service provided by Equip)
- Be board-certified or board-eligible in Pediatrics, Adolescent Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Family Medicine
- Demonstrate a passion for caring for children, adolescents, and young adults with eating disorders
- Demonstrate a commitment to practicing excellent, evidence-based clinical care, advancing clinical skills, and a passion for professional development
- Collaborate effectively on a multi-disciplinary team
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of all patient information
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Be curious, enjoy learning, and eager to implement growth-oriented feedback
- Have strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
Bonus if you have the following:
- Experience caring for children, adolescents, and young adults with eating disorders
- Proficient in Spanish
- Experience with Telehealth
Providers will work with their supervisors to put together a schedule. Your time will be divided:
- Supervision/Treatment Team/Continuing Education: about 3-4 hr/week
- Scheduled Clinic Time: ~75% of your time is in direct patient care. You will work with your supervisor to set your clinic availability. After school and early evening hours are popular. There is also the option to work on Saturdays if that interests you.
- Unscheduled Flex Time: ~25% of your time is unscheduled and administrative time to respond to between-session messages, complete documentation, or hold unanticipated sessions with care team members or patients.
Competitive salaries and bonuses, flexible hours from home, flexible time-off, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.