The Director, Medical Oncology will be primarily responsible for providing dedicated oversight of the clinical library’s medical policies for the specific NantHealth clients and their payer clients. He/She will act as a medical liaison between the Chief Medical Officer and Clinical Content team. This role will be client facing at times and act as a trusted adviser that works closely with client medical directors to understand their Oncology program and medical policies. Secondarily, this person will be a key leader working with the NantHealth Medical Office professional staff of Oncology Nurse Practitioners conducting medical record and treatment plan review, systems input, and reporting to payer clients. The Medical Office functions to assure that treatments comply with evidence-based medicine and best practices, including use of off-label drugs and clinical trials. The result is that incentives are aligned around delivery of the highest quality care to the patient. This is a pivotal role with the Medical Director as the key interface between payer clients, the treating physicians and supporting the day-to-day functions of the professional staff in treatment plan review. The Medical Director will also serve as the primary clinical consultant in conducting peer to peer discussions on patient treatment plans with practicing physicians. The Director will be in the continental United States or its territories when conducting any peer-to-peer discussions. The role encompasses aspects of management, operations and leadership within NantHealth’s Medical Office. The focus of the role is to deliver value to physicians, patients and payers, to improve quality of care, to support physician payment for appropriate care and determine cost savings for the client.
- Provide oversight of the NantHealth clinical library’s medical policies for the specific client and their payer clients. The Medical Director will gradually assume this role, with support from the Chief Medical Officer, as he/she becomes familiar with usual NantHealth medical operations, content, and software capabilities.
- Act as a medical liaison between the Chief Medical Officer and Clinical Content team
- Demonstrate thought leadership, deep medical oncology and clinical science expertise in collaboration with the client Oncology teams
- Demonstrate and quantify how the NantHealth solution provides value and competitive advantage to the specific NantHealth client and their customers
- Work closely with the client Oncology team, NantHealth Content team, and NantHealth Product Management to identify new opportunities/functionalities to address these clinical needs
- Oversee all aspects of provider treatment plan reviews performed by Oncology Certified Nurses and Nurse Practitioners in concert with the Eviti product
- Provide assurance to payer clients that treatment plans are consistent with evidence-based care or represent a medically justified deviation
- Lead the peer-to-peer sessions with physicians in a highly professional manner
- Further develop internal processes and metrics to create a high performing disciplined approach to servicing clients including high quality, consistent and timely reporting within approved processes
- Execute programs and standards that continue to improve the capability, capacity, quality and productivity of the Medical Office
- Assist the Informatics and Content Team to ensure that the evidence-based library is updated with recent changes
- Participate in in-house quality assurance and improvement activities, and in-house educational initiatives
- Provide education on advances in Oncology to clinical staff
- Be well versed with current cancer standards of care and closely follow trends
- Work with NantHealth Sales and Marketing staff for consultation and clinical decision-making involving consumers
- Constantly educate himself/herself and expand knowledge in high quality, cost-effective treatments
- Through outstanding work and client service, helping to drive greater NantHealth visibility
- Leading, coaching and providing guidance and mentoring to NantHealth colleagues. Fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration and continuous learning
- Working to develop, in partnership with NantHealth leadership, services teams and clinical science colleagues,
- Supporting the development life-cycle of clinical software, documentation of system requirements, and the facilitation of the design, testing, implementation and maintenance of NantHealth applications
What You Bring
- Medical/Scientific degree, either an M.D. or a D.O
- Board Certification in Oncology and Internal Medicine
- Active Medical License
- Demonstrated leadership experience and publication track record
- Strong knowledge of oncology
- Knowledge of insurance industry preferred, but not required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to relate to peer physicians, medical management and staff and collaborate effectively with other groups
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, creating and manipulating data in spreadsheets, and PowerPoint
- The ability to manage changing priorities
- Outstanding communication skills, oral and written; well-developed analytical skills
- Decisive and proactive, with “small company” hands-on, can-do style and attitude
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to network and develop relationships within industry, physician networks, academia, and governmental entities
- Hard-working, energetic and passionate about making a difference
- Highest integrity; committed to ethics and scientific standards
What We Bring
- We offer competitive compensation, full benefits and some great perks. More importantly, we offer you the chance to work with a great team, focused on providing leading software-based solutions and services across a continuum of care.
- Excellent benefits package including medical(HMO/PPO), dental, and vision, and a 401k with company matching so you can continue planning for financial wellness.
- Flexible/Unlimited Style Paid Time Off with 11 Paid Holidays
- Employee discounts on things like, mobile products and services, gym memberships, and a variety of additional entertainment options.
NantHealth, Inc. is a member of the NantWorks ecosystem of companies, is a next-generation, personalized healthcare company that enables more effective treatment decisions for critical illnesses and improved patient outcomes by empowering clinical decision support and providing leading software-based solutions and services across the continuum of care for physicians, payers, patients and biopharmaceutical organizations.
NantHealth is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job and does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
NantHealth , a member of the NantWorks ecosystem of companies, provides leading solutions across the continuum of care for physicians, payers, patients and biopharmaceutical organizations. We enable the use of cutting-edge data and technology toward the goals of empowering clinical decision support and improving patient outcomes.
Our comprehensive product portfolio combines the latest technology in payer/provider platforms that exchange information in near-real time (NaviNet and Eviti), and an open source solution that helps enterprises monitor their systems (OpenNMS).
NantHealth is a mandatory vaccination employer for COVID-19 and its variants. The Company requires that its employees be fully vaccinated as of their start date. If you require a medical or religious accommodation we will engage in the interactive process with you.
Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. If we make you an offer and you are not yet vaccinated, we will accommodate a delay in start date. NantHealth may also mandate that its employees receive vaccine boosters, and all accommodation laws will be followed.