As a full-time or part-time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant at Workit Health, you will be responsible for collaborating with a physician to provide care to patients. Workit Health Clinic Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants are providers that see patients both in person at Workit Clinics and via tele-health platforms. Currently, all of our positions are remote until further notice.
- Facilitating live and interactive clinical assessments, treatments, and medication management in-person and via telehealth technologies
- Making appropriate assessments, treatment plans, and referrals for patient problems
- Prescribing and monitoring opiate replacement (Suboxone) therapy
- Treating and managing members that are interested in moderating or abstaining from alcohol with medications such as Naltrexone and Acamprosate
- Treating and managing the members other co-occurring illnesses including, but not limited to anxiety, depression, insomnia, and hepatitis C.
- Providing patient education and referrals, specific to patients’ assessed needs and abilities
- Utilizing good communication skills, verbal and written
- Exercising good physical diagnosis skills
- Maintaining accurate records on patients treated
- Participating in case reviews, consultations, and utilization review
- Active State Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license
- DATA 2000 Waiver at 100
- Ability and willingness to be licensed in multiple states
- State controlled substance license or in the process of obtaining it
- DEA Certificate or in the process of obtaining it
- Holds a collaborative agreement or attestation with physician in accordance with the regulations of the state practicing in
- Meets credentialing requirements where assigned, as well as the ability to be credentialed with Medicare and Medicaid and other payers as necessary
DATA 2000 Waiver
- All NPs and PAs need to possess the DATA 2000 waiver and DEAx.
- The Drug Addiction Treatment Act (DATA 2000) allows qualified physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants to obtain a waiver to treat opioid addiction with otherwise restricted medication in any clinical setting where they are licensed to practice. Once a practitioner receives the waiver, they are authorized to prescribe buprenorphine for opioid addiction treatment in any setting for which they are otherwise credentialed to practice. NPs and PAs who have completed the 24 hours of required training may seek to obtain a DATA 2000 waiver for up to 30 patients.
- In order to qualify for the DATA 2000 waiver, you must be:
- Licensed under state law
- Registered with the DEA to prescribe controlled substances
- Capable of referring patients to counseling and other services
- Qualified by training and/or certification
- In order to become qualified, CARA requires that nurse practitioners and physician assistants complete 24 hours of training to be eligible for a prescribing waiver. Some of these trainings have a cost associated with them, and all of the trainings are done online.
- Click here for more information about obtaining the DATA 2000 waiver.
Why Join Workit?
- Workit Health is a team of thinkers and doers disrupting the status quo of care through telemedicine.
- We are a rapidly growing telemedicine B-corporation that puts members first in ensuring they receive the best possible care in addiction and beyond.
- We are a group of solution architects passionate about creating more accessible opportunities for people to help people make life-long change.
Workit Health is an on-demand, evidence-based addiction treatment provider changing the way care is delivered. By leveraging telemedicine and a medication-first approach, we are improving clinical outcomes and enabling more individuals to enter long-term recovery.
We’re excited to expand the team as our impact continues to grow. The dedication our team members bring to the table reflects our mission-driven culture of improving addiction through patient-centered design. We are looking for driven and compassionate individuals with a desire to transform an entire health ecosystem ripe for disruption.
Workit Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.