OncoHealth is a leading digital health company dedicated to helping health plans, employers, providers, patients, and life sciences researchers navigate the physical, mental and financial complexities of cancer through technology enabled services and real-world data analytics. Through an evidence-based, real-world analytics approach to utilization management, OncoHealth’s prior authorization platform is used by health plans and their network physicians to support 7 million health plan members in the US and Puerto Rico.
About the Role
The Medical Director - Medical Oncology is responsible for providing clinical oncology expertise regarding cancer treatment and diagnostics. This role's activities include prior authorization reviews, quality improvement projects, and strategic guidance of data and analytics efforts.
- Perform prior authorization reviews of chemotherapy treatment requests, which include peer-to-peer consultations with treating physicians
- Review drug dosing and administration schedules
- Review and respond to grievances and appeals
- Lead quality improvement activities focused on accuracy, efficiency, and rapid uptake of emerging evidence
- Collaborate with other Medical Directors, data analysts, informaticians, product managers, and computer scientists to ensure high levels of quality and consistency in review decisions as well as research projects, publications, and presentations
- Evaluate and assess the relative efficacy, toxicity, and affordability of current and emerging cancer treatments
- Drive improvement activities focused on the efficiency and scalability of prior authorization reviews
- Engage with prospective and current customers to educate them about OncoHealth capabilities and expertise
- Serve as clinical expert for strategic initiatives focused on real-world oncology data and analytics
- Provide “the voice of the oncologist” in advising the company regarding immediate and future areas of need
- Medical Doctor or comparable degree is required.
- Board certification in an oncology focused specialty and current Medical Doctor license in good standing is required.
- 3 years of post-training clinical practice experience
About the Location
We are open to remote work!
Taking ownership of quick action, critically thinking through the needs, and working well with others are key competencies of team member success. Our leadership is dedicated to building a culture based on respect, clinical excellence, innovation – all with a focused mission of putting patients first!
We offer a full benefit package starting on your first day, along with a company bonus and equity so you can experience the value of our growth along with the rest of the team. You will work from (or visit) our very modern and engaging offices, and experience a fun, collaborative environment where social activities and community events matter. We enjoy being together!
The cost of cancer related medical services and prescription drugs in the United States is expected to reach $246 billion by 2030. OncoHealth has enjoyed rapid growth over the past 3 years and seeks smart, collaborative people to join its team. We have just under 200 team members, so we can move swiftly but precisely to the market needs of our customers. Strongly backed financially by leading healthcare equity partners, we remain in an investment mode. This means we are open-minded to how we get the work done – now is the perfect time to talk to us!
Our Current Solutions
Through the use of OncoHealth’s utilization management system, OneUM, our customers can use a single e-Prior Authorization portal for all oncology drug request and treatments. Our system improves quality of care, reduces provider abrasion and gives health plans visibility into the total cost of oncology treatment.
OncoHealth offers Oncology Insights Pro, an analytic software solution that enables health plans to use data and analytics to improve oncology programs. Using real world data, our engineers normalize data to create analytic dashboards with drill down compatibilities. The data is the paired with expert guidance providing the strategies an insight needed to keep up with the continuing evolving cancer treatment landscape.
OncoHealth offers Pharmacy Consulting services to health plans and pharmaceutical companies. New cancer treatments are entering the market at an unrelenting pace. Since 2018, the FDA approved 121 new cancer applications including 49 novel cancer drug entities. Our Board-Certified Oncology Pharmacologists can help health plans update drug policies, offer utilization management and formulary advice, and development training for staff.