UPMC Health Plan is hiring a regular full-time Occupational Health Nurse (RN) to help support the My Health @ Work departments COVID-19 response efforts. This position will primarily support the Employee Health Nursing hotline and the many functions supporting the UPMC workforce. This position will be required to work 40 hours weekly of varying shifts between the hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days per week. This role is a remote position.
This position has primary responsibilities for the direct patient intervention and provision of care for the staff members of the UPMC Health System. This person will be responsible for the provision of all clinical services for the Employee Health / MyHealth@Work program. This includes pre-placement evaluations, medical surveillance programs, work injuries associated with bloodborne pathogens, infectious disease exposures, and other employee health-related interventions.
- Assist in the coordination of medical surveillance programs. Examples of these programs include TB skin testing programs, respiratory protection programs and specific exposure related testing and/or surveillance initiatives.
- Assists with efforts and interventions to ensure regulatory compliance (i.e. JCAHO, Department of Health, OSHA, etc.)
- Assist in the provision of MyHealth@Work services which include but are not limited to: Obtaining vital signs, reviewing medication history, assisting provider with medical treatments, using telehealth equipment where applicable, and engaging staff regarding appropriate lifestyle, condition management programs, health promotion activities, and other available services.
- Supports quality improvement, cost containment, and customer service oriented initiatives of the organization.
- Orchestrates complete and appropriate interventions, treatment and follow up care for staff infectious disease exposures and/or Bloodborne pathogen exposures. This includes managing exposure evaluations and follow-up treatment
- Acts as resource for client employee
- Coordinates employee health efforts with various departments as needed, including for example: Human Resources, Infection Control, Safety and Administration.
- Shares questions and concerns with the Nurse Manager or Senior Manager
- Ensures compliance with appropriate testing policies and procedures pertaining to TB testing, vaccinations, and medical interventions.
- Maintains confidentiality of all medical information, and documents interventions and treatment in the appropriate database / medical record system.
- Supports a proactive, multidisciplinary team approach directed toward prevention, education and health promotion
- Provides education to client employee enrolled in the various lifestyle and condition management programs
- Coordinates pre-placement evaluations on new hires. This includes reviewing the questionnaires and coordinating any clinical laboratory services performed (i.e. TB skin testing, phlebotomy immunizations, etc.). Should have a general knowledge of ADA and EEOC guidelines as they relate to the pre-placement medical evaluation process.
- Performs phlebotomy, substance abuse testing, and immunizations (IM, Sub Q, Intradermal), and other medical testing
- Evaluates laboratory results and initiates appropriate interventions and/or notifications.
- Upholds policies and programs of UPMC.
- Collaborates with Physician or other Advanced Practice Providers and other nurses to arrange for further medical treatment when needed
- Input data and tests, including all services provided, into the employee health software database program for coordination and tracking.
- Coordinates services rendered to appropriate departments for OSHA reporting and documentation.
- Provides education and counseling to staff throughout the evaluation and treatment process.
- Establishes supportive relationship with client employee
- Minimum 1-2 yrs. clinical experience.
- BSN, or equivalent professional and/or educational experience.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse either in the state where the facility is located or in a state covered by a licensure compact agreement with the state where the facility is located.
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC’s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.