Ovia Health is a pioneering digital health company transforming the way millions of women and families monitor their health and navigate their journeys through parenthood. Our mobile-first platform leverages clinical science, machine learning and sophisticated predictive algorithms to deliver inclusive programming and individualized journeys to help people achieve the best possible outcomes. Ovia Health is trusted by the country's most innovative payors and employers to deliver healthier outcomes, reduced costs and a confident, productive workforce. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for the leading innovator with a mission to make a healthy, happy family possible to everyone. Join us!
We are looking for an innovative, entrepreneurial Chief Medical Officer on a part-time basis to be a key leader and externally-facing clinical expert on our Clinical team. The CMO is responsible for the strategic guidance of Ovia’s pipeline of ACOG-aligned clinical programs and services, which deliver exceptional value to employer and health plan clients as part of Ovia’s comprehensive family benefit solution. You are a physician innovator with a strong track record of demonstrating the value of complex solutions, who is passionate about using digital technologies to improve standard of care in women’s and family health.
What you will be doing:
- Serve as organization's senior clinical business leader, facilitating best practices and demonstrating professionalism throughout the organization
- Guide creation of clinical programs and services that improve enterprise health outcomes and reduce costs based upon guidelines and evidence-based medicine
- Provide strategic oversight of Ovia’s best-in-class research initiatives, both internally (ROI demonstration, product efficacy) and externally (partnering with leading research institutions to elevate the standard of care for women and families)
- Serve as a clinical sounding board for new Ovia initiatives that target medical conditions and/or that interface with the provider and health plan workflows. Lead Ovia’s entry into additional condition areas in women’s health.
- Collaborate closely with Labcorp leadership, including Women’s Health team, payor team, and Labcorp Employer Services
- Ensure top quality guidance from Ovia’s in-house team of health coaches and care navigators, supporting members across the reproductive health journey
- Support the development of products and services, source and support deal opportunities to drive revenue and commercial opportunities
- Provide medical expertise on external sales calls with Health Plans and employers (including but not limited to sales presentations, ROI narrative, and thought leadership)
- Champion Ovia’s evidence-based solutions in the marketplace through interviews, podcasts, and more.
- Provide clinical leadership of Ovia’s Clinical Advisory Board as well as interacting with the Labcorp Clinical Advisory Boards
- Serve as a key leader in the company’s Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion endeavors, including addressing the effects of social determinants of health on women’s health outcomes
What we are looking for:
- You are a board-certified physician with an active medical license in good standing (OB/GYN preferred), and a commitment to ongoing continuing education. Active medical practice and/or expertise in the perinatal health space is a plus.
- You have demonstrated leadership in high-growth environments
- You have a deep knowledge of state of the art obstetrics and gynecology, including up-to-date evidence and timely developments in best practice. Proponent of CNM care where appropriate.
- You demonstrate a deep commitment to developing solutions to overcome social disparities in medical outcomes
- You have a robust understanding of the employee benefits and health plan space (including Medicaid), including overcoming barriers to entry and navigating reimbursement models, as well as commercialization of digital tools to these markets.
- You have a track record of unparalleled customer facing skills with prospects, clients, and external customers, that enable you to communicate Ovia’s impact narrative using ROI and claims data and demonstrate value to health plans and payers of solutions that compliment their internal programs
- You have a deep network of, and ability to build relationships with, clinical experts and thought leaders throughout the women’s health space
- Robust experience with clinical research processes and the translation of their findings for commercial purposes and public understanding
- You can demonstrate technical skills such as familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google suite, Salesforce, EMR, or other digital platforms.
- You embody flexibility and willingness to work in an agile and quickly-evolving workplace environment
- Some travel may be needed
What we offer:
We believe in Ovia Health’s mission and love what we do, and working at Ovia Health is a chance to be a part of something truly impactful. We value our employees tremendously and do what we can to help them stay happy and healthy, at work and away from it. In addition to a supportive and healthy environment, we offer:
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous parental leave
- Small, dynamic and tight-knit teams that encompass a supportive and collaborative atmosphere
- Growth and education stipend
- Employer contribution to 401k with immediate vesting plan
- Unlimited paid vacation and sick leave
- Ability to be fully office-optional; when in the office we have an open, fresh, cubicle-free office space, along with healthy and tasty office snacks, including coffee (cold brew on tap)
- Two options for medical coverage
- Dental and Vision insurance coverage
We actively seek to reflect the community that we serve, and so individuals of all genders, race, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, veteran status, and educational background are strongly encouraged to apply.