Who we are
HealthTap understands why most doctors became doctors in the first place — to help people live their healthiest lives. Our mission is to provide real-time access to high-quality, affordable, accessible health information and health care for everyone.
We have built the world's best digital health platform that enables and empowers doctors to provide the best care possible, and supports their continued advancement in medical knowledge, science, and technology.
All doctors who give one-on-one virtual healthcare in the HealthTap Medical Group are also members of the HealthTap Doctor Network. If you haven’t yet joined this network of more than 90,000 doctors across 147 specialties who volunteer to share their knowledge with millions of HealthTap members and other doctors, please consider joining the HealthTap Doctor network so you can experience for yourself what we’re all about.
If you are a board-certified, U.S.-licensed family physician, internist, emergency physician, or hospitalist who enjoys meeting new patients and providing great care in a virtual urgent care setting, we’d love to hear from you. HealthTap’s 24/7 Urgent Care service offers convenient, affordable, compassionate, and high-quality health care to patients looking for care from their smartphone, tablet, or computer. The Urgent Care Nocturnist will use their expertise to provide care for patients presenting overnight with a wide range of health issues. The ideal Urgent Care Nocturnist will have multiple state licenses and enjoy working independently during nighttime hours, be comfortable with technology, and be familiar with virtual healthcare.
Full-time positions (40+ hours per week) and part-time opportunities are available: Please apply today!
Who we're looking for
A compassionate, friendly, U.S.-licensed doctor who is experienced in acute primary care and board certified in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Emergency Medicine, and interested in working overnight.
If you would like to work in our virtual clinic, you should be excited to use your smartphone, tablet, or computer to provide virtual care to patients. Furthermore, you’re likely to enjoy providing virtual care on HealthTap if you are adaptable, appreciate the value of technology, and are interested in patient-centric healthcare innovations.
What you'll do
- Use your smartphone, tablet, or computer to provide high-quality, compassionate acute primary care by video, voice, and text chat consultation.
- Provide care to patients of all ages (1 year old and above). Limited positions are also available for physicians who wish to see adults only.
- Practice evidence based medicine to address a wide range of healthcare concerns that present in an urgent care setting.
- Provide care during nighttime hours to a population of patients in HealthTap’s 24/7 urgent care clinic.
- Enjoy practicing and helping patients using a smartphone, tablet, or computer from the comfort of your home or anywhere you can establish a well-lit, professional, private, and quiet workspace.
- Provide excellent care without any of the typical overhead of a physical practice.
- Help patients with their acute issues.
- Provide education to guide the patient after the visit.
- Refer patients to HealthTap’s primary care clinic, when appropriate.
- Prescribe medications (not including DEA-scheduled drugs).
- Fill out work/school notes.
- Order and review lab tests using HealthTap technology.
- Refer patients to in-person care, when appropriate.
- During available times within clinic hours, provide high-quality, compassionate acute care to on-demand patients in HealthTap’s 24/7 acute-care service.
- Write careful, detailed medical notes after each patient encounter.
- Participate in peer review of your colleagues’ clinic notes on HealthTap.
- Work with the HealthTap Team on initiatives that improve HealthTap’s clinical services.
- Get opportunities to work on special projects to improve HealthTap’s virtual clinic infrastructure.
- Work with the HealthTap Team on initiatives that improve the HealthTap platform.
- Earn unlimited AMA PRA category I CME credits when giving informational answers to members' health questions.
Who you are
- Friendly, compassionate, and excited about helping your patients.
- Strong patient communication skills.
- Communicate in clear, patient-friendly language with patients in live video calls.
- Communicate in descriptive, patient-friendly language to patients in your documentation.
- A great doctor with experience providing hands-on acute care to a wide variety of patients of all ages (1 year old and above).
- Familiar with and experienced in managing conditions that are common in acute care settings, such as upper respiratory illnesses, urinary tract infections, sore throats, eye and ear infections, and upset stomachs.
- Board certified and trained in a primary care specialty, such as Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Emergency Medicine.
- Detail-oriented and committed to writing excellent documentation on your patients.
- Licensed and in good-standing in at least 25 U.S. states.
- Thrive working independently.
- Enjoy working overnight.
- Punctual and professional.
- Enjoy learning and growing.
- Technologically savvy, comfortable on computers and devices, have strong typing skills, and able to adapt quickly to changes (we keep improving our technology!).
- Have a strong and reliable internet connection.
- Collaborative, helpful, and happy to work with team members to solve problems.
- Excited to practice virtual urgent care and work with the HealthTap Team on innovations that will improve this care modality.
- Happy to get additional licenses (with the help of the HealthTap Team) to expand your ability to offer virtual urgent care to patients throughout the U.S.
More about working with us
- Competitive compensation.
- Full-time doctors may be eligible for company incentive stock options.
- We're proud of our team of genuine, mission-driven, kind-hearted builders and care-takers.
- We are focused on providing great, patient-centered healthcare.
- We strive to provide user-friendly services and software for both patients and doctors.
- Our headquarters is based in Mountain View, CA, and we have a distributed workforce in the U.S. and internationally.
- Learn more about us, our story, and how we are revolutionizing healthcare virtually and globally. Visit our website at www.healthtap.com.
- To discover why doctors volunteer to answer informational questions on HealthTap, please apply to our network of more than 90,000 doctors who share their expertise to help people everywhere.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion. We want to see you grow and will invest in you!
NOTE: Please check our web site at https://www.healthtap.com/jobs/ for our official job postings and application process. Note that HealthTap will never ask for your financial information or to send us money to be considered for employment. Please exercise caution if you receive an unsolicited job offer from an individual not using an official HealthTap.com email address or phone number. If you receive an unsolicited email, text message, or other communication about an open position at HealthTap that doesn’t sound right or you think might be a scam, please reference the HealthTap Recruitment Fraud Warning page [http://www.healthtap.com/jobs/protect-against-recruitment-fraud/] for further information.