Join Foodsmart in helping millions of members find an easier path to putting healthy, sustainable food on the table for their families, and help members with chronic diseases like diabetes and cancer overcome their conditions. We work with employers and health plans to make this a reality. Our Registered Dietitians work with individuals to create personalized meal plans and nutrition guidance, backed by our Foodsmart platform, that create sustainable eating behavior change. Our integrated healthy food marketplace, including partners such as Walmart, Instacart, Grubhub, and others, allow individuals to go from meal planning to grocery delivery in minutes.
We’ve been published in major clinical publications, and currently serve >20% of the Fortune 500 and 4 out of 5 major health plans. We are a Series C startup based in San Francisco and support a remote working model. Learn more at www.foodsmart.com
What We're Looking For
Foodsmart is seeking Registered Dietitians (RDs) to support the comprehensive nutrition care mission of Foodsmart Nutrition Network, which is grounded in evidence-based clinical nutritional standards including use of a whole food plant based (WFPB) diet. Our Foodsmart RDs leverage Foodsmart's digital platform to provide a broad range of nutrition and health related consultations, educational sessions, and training to Foodsmart's clients, partners, and users.
- Provide individualized medical nutrition therapy (MNT) via remote and in-person sessions to patients with a variety of health and lifestyle needs
- Provide tailored nutrition education and counseling to clients/patients in virtual settings
- Document care in electronic medical record according to Nutrition Care Process
- Assist patients in getting the most utility out of Foodsmart's digital platform
- Manage a panel of clients/patients with a variety of chronic health conditions and backgrounds
- Communicate effectively and empathetically with clients/patients through HIPAA-compliant video calls and electronic messaging
- Strong academic and applied background in medical nutrition therapy across a variety of health conditions and diet therapy using a WFPB dietary approach
- Active experience providing nutrition counseling to patients
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with colleagues, patients/clients, and care team
- Ability to learn new technology and software and integrate it into practice
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational skills and ability to accomplish work independently
- B.S. Degree from an accredited institution; M.S. or MPH preferred
- Credentialing as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and Licensed Dietitian (state-dependent)
- Maintenance of continuing education
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of professional experience in dietetics
- Ability to offer dietary counseling services in English and one or more additional languages (Spanish preferred)
- Compensation is commensurate with level of education and experience
- Part-time contract position
- Remote (work-from-home) from any location in the U.S. or U.S. territories
Cover letters are required. Please specify which state(s) you hold certifications or licensure in on your resume or in your cover letter.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only qualified candidates will be considered and contacted for next steps.
Foodsmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our firm policy to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.