Carrot Fertility is the leading global fertility benefits provider for employers built to make fertility care and family-forming affordable and accessible for everyone who wants or needs it. Companies use Carrot to customize a fertility benefit that provides employees financial, medical, and emotional support as they pursue parenthood, reducing healthcare costs and resulting in better clinical outcomes.
This is a great opportunity to re-shape healthcare by utilizing your clinical experience, independent critical thinking and expertise in a collaborative environment. The Associate, Medical Expert (Urology Registered Nurse) is a clinical resource to their functional area(s). This role requires a focused approach to provide evidence- informed sessions pertaining to relevant information and guidance on various medical and reproductive topics. Carrot is developing solutions to optimize health and family forming journeys and you can be a part of this change.
The team consists of a diverse group of individuals with expertise in areas such as fertility, mental health, nutrition and pregnancy. They have a passion for continuous learning and education with an evidence-based approach.
All of them care deeply and are committed to helping individuals:
- understand their fertility and family-forming options
- optimize their overall and reproductive health
- navigate the pregnancy journey
- Understand current reproductive and fertility regulatory trends and clinical practice guidelines
- Utilize clinical experience and skills to engage in discussions and educate others
- Lend expertise or knowledge to participate in continuing education programs for Carrot employees as needed
- Participate in quality assurance initiatives and yearly audits to continue to drive an experience that is safe, compliant and of the highest standards
- Perform other clinical functions, including but not limited to, medical document review
- Active nursing license required
- Currently a practicing or retired urology nurse (registered nurse or advanced practice nurse), with a minimum of 2 years of experience providing patient care in a fertility clinic or a hospital clinic that specializes in male reproductive health
- Understand the treatments, disease and conditions, lifestyle and injuries that can affect male fertility and sexuality
- Ability to manage difficult conversations
- Excellent listening skills and an ability to empathetically discuss urology-related topics
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate good clinical judgment
- Ability to function well from a confidential and private work-remote environment
- Must have reliable online and digital resources available for use
- Motivated to expand personal knowledge on urology-related topics, driven to promote excellent member experiences and educate others
- Flexibility to adapt with evolving business needs
Founded in 2016, CB Insights recognized Carrot as one of the world's most promising private digital health companies. In 2020, Carrot was named to Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas awards program, which recognizes companies that are tackling society's biggest problems, and Carrot was named to Fierce Healthcare’s Fierce 15 List of 2021 which recognizes the most promising healthcare companies in the industry. Carrot supports 250+ companies in more than 60 countries across North America, Asia, Europe, South America, and the Middle East.