Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro's vertically-integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth and in-home care, diagnostics, and pharmacy services nationwide to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Ro also provides its patient-centric solutions including Workpath, its in-home care API, and Kit, its at-home diagnostic testing service, to other healthcare companies. Visit Ro.co
for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020 and 2021, and named one of FORTUNE's 2021 Best Workplaces In Health Care.
Ro is looking for a curious and enthusiastic candidate who is passionate about healthcare strategy and exploring new technologies to join our corporate clinical strategy team.
The Senior Manager of Clinical Strategy will report to the Director of Clinical Strategy and will be responsible for developing and influencing clinical strategy within the framework of our newly organized care vertical business structure.
As a senior manager on the clinical strategy team, you will be focused on driving day-to-day strategic functions. You will work closely with care vertical general managers (GMs) and medical directors across our five burgeoning verticals to explore the merits and tradeoffs of launching new conditions and how to optimize existing ones. Orthogonal to this exploration will be developing a thesis around what capabilities (devices, diagnostics, services & pharmaceutical products) will be required to unlock new therapeutic areas. Additionally, M&A remains an important strategic growth lever and you will support deep diligence and integration of deals as needed. Finally, you will work closely with corporate development and strategy to serve as the clinical point person as we build out Ro’s strategic roadmap.
You’re passionate about working for a company that supports the delivery of safe, high-quality healthcare and harnessing technology to do so. You have incredible attention to detail and a strong background using your clinical knowledge and expertise to make strategic decisions. Since you’ll work cross-functionally with non-clinical teams (finance, growth, strategy) you are an excellent communicator, especially when it involves translating complex medical concepts and information into lay-friendly terms and ideas. You have the ability to view opportunities from all angles and think critically about business opportunities from a clinical and strategic perspective. You’re extremely comfortable operating autonomously.
What You'll Do:
- Perform preliminary research and clinical due diligence on companies interested in working with Ro
- Maintain the infrastructure for the intake, management, and tracking of the pipeline of partnerships, from a clinical perspective
- Serve as a clinical liaison with corporate strategy & development in potential opportunity, white space, and adjacency discussions as a part of the Opportunity Pipeline team
- Support Care Vertical General Managers and Medical Directors as thought partners to identify, vet, and build a clinical case for new technologies and conditions that expand care for Ro patients and increase the toolkit of our providers
- Create & own a regular cadence for evaluating potential partnerships with internal partners to foster alignment across business objectives
- Develop and update all supporting documents and presentations that speak to Ro’s value in the healthcare ecosystem and to potential partners
- Present research and due diligence findings to clinical leadership and strategy cross-functional teams
- Support cross-functional deep clinical diligence efforts as a part of a broader, cross-functional M&A team
- Ensure medical accuracy and patient safety when identifying opportunities for medical specialty/condition/disease expansion
- Ensure compliance with clinical/regulatory policies and procedures and provide guidance to various stakeholders on related disciplines by working closely with Legal
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- Medical Doctor (MD/DO) or equivalent required, MD/MBA preferred
- 1-3 years of strategy, consulting, or equity research experience in healthcare, life science, medical device/biotech, or pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Experience in researching companies and intellectual property within the pharmaceutical, healthcare, life sciences, or biotech industries
- Experience in background research (literature review) in support of an investment or condition thesis
- Comfort with interpreting and synthesizing graphs, tables, trends into actionable takeaways
- Deep understanding of the process behind launching new clinical services or prescription drugs, researching conditions, and therapeutic condition expansion
- Ability to explain scientific and medical concepts to a lay cross-functional team
- Outstanding proficiency with Microsoft/G-Suite
- Strong communication, written, and presentation skills
- Passion for building the future of healthcare where patients are in control
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.