This is a great opportunity to re-shape healthcare by utilizing your clinical experience, independent critical thinking and expertise in a collaborative environment. The Medical Expert (Ob/Gyn) is a clinical resource to their functional area(s). This role requires a focused approach to provide evidence- informed sessions pertaining to relevant information and guidance on various medical, reproductive and pregnancy topics. Carrot is developing solutions to optimize health and family forming journeys and you can be a part of this change.
The team consists of a diverse group of individuals with expertise in areas such as fertility, mental health, nutrition and pregnancy. They have a passion for continuous learning and education with an evidence-based approach.
All of them care deeply and are committed to helping individuals:
- understand their fertility and family-forming options
- optimize their overall and reproductive health
- navigate the pregnancy journey
- Understand current reproductive and fertility regulatory trends and clinical practice guidelines
- Utilize clinical experience and skills to engage in discussions and educate others
- Lend expertise or knowledge to participate in continuing education programs for Carrot employees as needed
- Participate in quality assurance initiatives and yearly audits to continue to drive an experience that is safe, compliant and of the highest standards
- Perform other clinical functions, including but not limited to, medical document review
- Active medical license required.
- Currently practicing or retired OB/GYN with four (4) or more years of experience providing patient care in a clinic and/or a hospital environment that delivered care for a broad range of women’s health care services, from routine wellness care to high-risk obstetrics
- Understand the treatments, disease and conditions, lifestyle that can impact fertility and pregnancy
- Experience in treating conditions, including hormonal disorders, that impact the reproductive system, strongly preferred but not required
- Previous experience in research or work in reproductive and pregnancy outcomes preferred, but not required
- Interest in and understanding of the regional variations in the practice of obstetrics and gynecology
- Ability to manage difficult conversations
- Excellent listening skills and an ability to empathetically discuss fertility and reproductive health related topics
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate good clinical judgment
- Ability to function well from a confidential and private work-remote environment
- Must have reliable online and digital resources available for use
- Motivated to expand personal knowledge on fertility-related topics, driven to promote excellent member experiences and educate others
- Flexibility to adapt with evolving business needs
Founded in 2016, CB Insights recognized Carrot as one of the world's most promising private digital health companies. In 2020, Carrot was named to Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas awards program, which recognizes companies that are tackling society's biggest problems, and Carrot was named to Fierce Healthcare’s Fierce 15 List of 2021 which recognizes the most promising healthcare companies in the industry. Carrot supports 250+ companies in more than 60 countries across North America, Asia, Europe, South America, and the Middle East.