WithHealth is an innovative healthcare company that delivers precision-based telemedicine to deliver affordable, accessible, preventive and personalized care. We partner with Tribal Health Departments to create needs-based telehealth programs that expand existing services and improve health outcomes. Our Tribal Health Program provides telehealthcare services to patients who are on-site at IHS/Tribal clinics.
Under the general direction of the Medical Director of Tribal Health Services, or their designee, and as part of a multidisciplinary team, the neurologist works with the patients’ primary care physician for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of different disorders of the nervous system.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Diagnose complex medical problems by referring to a patient’s history, examining them and conducting neurological tests.
- Counsel patients on neurological disorders and its background
- Order neurological tests and interpret the results of neuro-imaging studies
- Prescribe and/or administer treatment and medication
- Monitor the behavioral and cognitive side effects of treatment and medication
- Order supportive care services for patients
- Document patient records and progress including symptoms, medications, and treatments
- Provide patient with tools and methods for recovery and better quality of life
- Educate the patient, patient’s family, significant others, and relevant parties of patient progress, treatment, and future goal
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Degree in Medicine or Osteopathy (essential).
- Accreditation with the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN).
- 3 years of specialty training in an accredited neurology residency program (essential).
- Current state medical license and Federal DEA license (essential).
- Completed U.S. Medical Licensing Examination (essential).
- Experience in working with the tribal community
- Must be sensitive to the needs of Native Americans
- High degree of integrity, highly motivated, self-confident, skilled communicator and a strong team player
- Strong problem solving, organizational and leadership skills with follow-through abilities
- Able to execute from concept to successful conclusion
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and/or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.