About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and elite provider network, 2.5 million people can receive best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $680 million.
This is a part-time contracted (up to 8 hours/wk) position providing excellent, evidence-based therapy to highly motivated clients for a large employer partner located in Michigan. In this unique role, you will represent Lyra offering a convenient, accessible therapy service to employees via telehealth.
- Provide evidence-based therapy services care to Lyra clients.
- Provide treatment to clients who are looking for help with anxiety and depression
- Employ evidence-based outcome tracking and provide clients feedback, advice, and encouragement
- Adhere to standards of service operations, documentation, and privacy at all times
- Educate clients on skills, help them set concrete goals, and assist them in problem-solving
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with Lyra team members
- Timely data reporting to Lyra as requested
- Participate in quality assurance reviews to ensure quality care is provided
- Master’s degree in social work from a clinical track, marriage family therapy, or Doctorate degree in clinical psychology from an accredited college or university
- Unrestricted license in Michigan
- Skilled in exclusively providing evidence-based treatments including for trauma (e.g.,CBT, CPT, PE, exposure therapy for anxiety disorders)
- Focus on short-term psychotherapy using outcomes management
- Eager to learn and develop competencies in delivering new innovative behavior change approaches via technology
- Comfort and demonstrated experience with technology tools used to create efficiencies in workflows and track client progress
- Passionate about mental health
- Independent, open-minded, non-judgmental, compassionate, flexible, good humor
- Excellent interpersonal skills (communication and listening)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.