Ocean Health Initiatives, Inc. (OHI) is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) dedicated to providing quality, accessible and comprehensive primary health care to the residents of Ocean and Monmouth County; regardless of economic status.
Our Health Center Locations: Brick, Freehold, Lakewood, Little Egg Harbor, Manahawkin, Manchester and Toms River; with our school-based Wellness Programs located within the Clifton Ave Grade School, Lakewood; and Lakewood High School.
OHI services include family and internal medicine, pediatrics, behavioral health, nutrition, OB/GYN women’s health, dental, family planning, specialty care, pharmacies, PrEP, and a STI clinic.
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), Provider is responsible for providing primary medical care to the patients of Ocean Health Initiatives (OHI) that is consistent with accepted professional standards and will provide care and services in accordance with the policies and procedures established by all regulatory entities.
- Works cooperatively with all providers and staff to carry out the goals and objectives of OHI, according to established policies and procedures.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and monitoring of clinic policies, procedures and protocols, as needed to achieve OHI goals and objectives.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and monitoring of OHI Performance improvement program.
- Attends and actively participates in departmental and medical staff meetings as required.
- Supports health center colleagues with internal referrals when clinically appropriate.
- Collects patient information and records patient information such as medical history, reports and examination results.
- Ensures that his/her documentation in the health record justifies prescribed treatment and includes findings/progress, and plan of care, in accordance with OHI policy and procedures.
- Provides medical care for all individuals without regard to ability to pay, race, color, origin or creed, according to OHI policy.
- Provides consultation, guidance and direction to medical support staff to ensure continuity and quality of services of care.
- Effectively, efficiently and timely, completes all paperwork requirements for billing and medical records compliance.
- Advises patients on good health practices.
- Uses effective clinical judgment in referring patients and receiving referrals. Refers patients to specialists when required and in accordance with their insurance restrictions.
- Develops and implements goals and objectives to ensure high quality, cost effective clinical care.
- Ensures all patient charts are completed within 24 hours of the patient’s visit and the charting is accurate to support clinical and documentation requirements via Medical Records (EMR).
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends at any OHI site as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other physicians, dentists and health care staff members.
- Ability to work in a variety of settings such as the traditional office, mobile medical unit, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally with diverse individuals and groups.
- Provides consultation, guidance and directions to clinical support staff to ensure continuity and quality of services and care.
- Works to ensure patient satisfaction by communicating with patients in a caring and compassionate manner.
- Presents information to patients at an educational level consistent with their understanding.
- Active in continuing and maintaining a high level of professional skills and knowledge.
- Listens attentively to patient’s complaints and resolves or refers to appropriate individuals.
- Complies with treatment protocols as they are developed and implemented.
- Demonstrates concern for patients' rights, privacy, and dignity.
- Adheres to the American Medical Association code of professional ethics.
- Works collaboratively with all members of the Senior Management and Management Teams to function as a cohesive and professional unit.
- Works collaboratively with all members of the Senior Management and Management Teams to resolve departmental and organizational challenges expeditiously, economically, professionally and with minimum disruption to the practice.
- Leads and manages staff by professional example.
- Constantly strives to achieve excellence in day-to-day operations of respective department.
- Completes all mandatory in-services and attends required meetings.
- Adheres to Corporate Compliance policies.
- Consistently demonstrates The Code.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Licensure:
- M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited School of Medicine Maintain Continuing Educational Requirements as required for licensure and skills maintenance.
- Maintain continuing educational requirements as required for licensure and skills maintenance.
- Compliant with letter of agreement pertaining to licensure and certification.
- New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners Licensed is required.
- New Jersey State Board Certified/Board Eligible in Primary Care (Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology).
- Active New Jersey CDS and DEA License to prescribe and maintain controlled substances.
- Current CPR certification.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
401(k) + 5% match
Group Term Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Criminal Background Checks