At Modern Age, our mission is to help our customers live longer, healthier, happier lives. Informed by a growing body of scientific research that shows that how old we feel can have a profound impact on actual health outcomes, including our life expectancy, Modern Age will offer a vertically integrated telemedicine and treatment platform that provides an array of clinical and non-clinical services designed to help patients lower their subjective age. On the Modern Age team, you will partner with world-class medical professionals and technologists to combine engaging digital experiences with one-of-a-kind clinical studios that offer holistic solutions to help you feel your best at any age. Together, we are building the most trusted longevity platform in the world.
To achieve our vision, Modern Age is currently seeking a Chief Medical Officer to join our team. The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) will work directly with the founding CEO and serve on the executive leadership team. S/he will play an integral role in developing and deploying Modern Age’s clinical strategy, including expansion into various therapeutic areas, adoption of new technologies and standards of care, and architecting the patient journey. S/he will also lend his or her clinical expertise and training in internal medicine, integrative medicine, aging wellness, or a related field to build a world-class reputation for clinical excellence and a cherished consumer brand. The incoming CMO will also focus on supporting Modern Age’s expansion into new markets, largely major metropolitan areas throughout the US, with digital and retail offerings.
As the most senior clinical leader and resident authority on aging wellness, the CMO will be responsible for representing Modern Age in the media and with vendor partners, investors, Board directors, and the healthcare and wellness industry more broadly. The right CMO candidate will bring credibility and brand cache to the practice, and help establish Modern Age as the definitive authority on longevity through his or her involvement and stewardship.
Primary Responsibilities of the CMO
- Partner with the founding CEO and executive leadership team to design and implement the Modern Age care model, patient journey, and expansion into new clinical and non-clinical services.
- Lead the way in product expansion and innovation for Modern Age as they expand into a national aging wellness brand.
- Provide clinical thought leadership to the executive team and act as the public-facing clinical authority for Modern Age, promoting the clinic in a variety of settings, including consumer media, investment roadshows, and industry events.
- Lead the creation of and standardization of Modern Age’s care offering and implement consistency across all studio locations and providers.
- Serve as the clinical lead and ambassador of the Modern Age clinical workforce.
- At least 10 years of clinical experience, preferably within lifestyle medicine, integrative medicine, internal medicine, or emergency medicine.
- Trained in traditional medicine but also interested in wellness.
- Possesses broad-based clinical knowledge to successfully work across multiple specialty and therapeutic areas.
- Proven ability to serve as an executive thought leader. Has successfully made strategic recommendations around clinical care models, product development, and clinical expansion at the executive level.
- Experience interacting with a variety of external stakeholders, including investors, consumers, and media. Comfortable in a public-facing role.
- Experience creating innovative approaches to clinical issues and to address old problems with new solutions.
- Adept at approaching roadblocks and creating consensus or standardization in situations where there may be a variety of competing variables and conflicting interests.
- Demonstrated experience in building businesses from the ground up, either within a startup or intrapreneurial context. Experience in early-stage start-ups is a strong plus.
- Concise, straightforward, ego-free, team player.
At Modern Age, we believe in taking care of each other and that starts with offering our team members a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Employer sponsored health, dental, vision and disability coverage
- Pre-tax commuter, health, and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Remote work opportunities