At Vida, we empower individuals to overcome chronic mental and physical health conditions, once and for all. The impact of chronic conditions on healthcare is immense: in the US alone, chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease drive 80% of the $3 trillion healthcare spending, which is at 18% of GDP. One in 3 individuals has a chronic health condition, and 1 in 4 struggles with mental health.
Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs from a network of experienced health care providers and leading medical institutions. Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers and large providers to enable their employees live their healthiest lives.
**Vida is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Vida is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Vida is registered.
About the Role
We’re looking for a recognized clinical leader and strategic change agent to lead our clinical vision and medical professional corporation. The ideal candidate has practiced internal medicine, cardiovascular medicine, endocrinology or psychiatry at a leading medical center and held a leadership role in a healthcare-service organization, preferably as CMO. As a member of the Executive Lead Team, we want a medical leader who is motivated by our mission of creating a legacy company to transform healthcare.
The CMO will represent Vida’s medical voice and vision and serve as a strategic thought leader. The CMO will run the medical professional corporation and will lead, organize, and direct all medical decisions, including medical research and publications, clinical-product development, clinical protocols, and compliance. She or he will work with external stakeholders and leaders at large national payers, employers, and research organizations.
Our ideal candidate will be comfortable speaking at conferences, sales events, and other forums and partner with third parties and “Key Opinion Leaders” to drive change in healthcare. The CMO position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and works cross functionally with product, engineering, clinical operations, finance, sales, and marketing to scale Vida’s solution, make our clinicians more effective, and deliver clinical outcomes for our patients.
- Lead Vida’s medical vision internally and externally with customers and partners including chronic care and mental health interventions
- Lead Vida’s prescribing MDs
- Innovate mental health outcomes
- Run the Professional Medical PCs in 50 states (with other MDs Lead clinical research and medical outcomes studies
- Represent Vida at external events, speaking and leading medical thought leadership for the company
- Build a scalable and consistent performance culture in all 50 states with clear accountability, metrics, and technology infrastructure to support over 1500 providers
- 5-years’ experience as a Chief Medical Officer OR the “number two” at a large, global organization
- Managed or operated multiple medical functions and experience with scaling teams in a large organization
- Exposure to building and implementing virtual-care solutions
- Experience managing research and publishing in fields like cardiovascular or mental health
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Passionate about changing healthcare and making a difference in people’s lives
- Experience leading the medical function at a growth-stage technology company of 1,000+ employees
- Experience at a pre-IPO or public company, or leading a company through an IPO
- Detail orientation, analytical rigor, and the ability to THINK DIFFERENTLY
- Public speaking experience
- Exposure to human-centered design in customer-focused clinical programs
- A continuous-improvement mindset and affinity to iterate based on feedback and data
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 80% for your dependents)
- Healthcare FSA Plan
- Dependent Care FSA Plans
- Commuter and Parking Benefits
- 401k Program
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- 10 Paid Company Holidays
- We’re a distributed company, so you can work from most US states (We still have a HQ office in San Francisco)
- Access to a Vida Health Coach and the full Vida app
- New hire home office stipend
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Training and leadership development programs
- Weekly meetups with team members across the country through our #connectandcommit program
- Quarterly all-company events
- Quarterly team-based connection opportunities
- Significant opportunities for growth and development as the business grows
Vida is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Vida—it is the foundation of what we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our platform and those we serve. Vida is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
We do not accept unsolicited assistance from any headhunters or recruitment firms for any of our job openings. All resumes or profiles submitted by search firms to any employee at Vida in any form without a valid, signed search agreement in place for the specific position will be deemed the sole property of Vida. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vida as a result of the unsolicited referral.