Marathon Health is seeking a full-time Virtual Care Medical Director (MD or DO required) to be responsible for guiding clinical decisions related to the design, scope, and best practices for our virtual primary care platform, Anywhere. This role will be a blend of 50% administrative responsibilities and 50% clinical patient care. The Anywhere Medical Director will report to our Corporate Medical Director and work closely with our Growth, Operations, and Clinical Leadership teams.
Anywhere is our virtual primary care platform that will offer a broad scope of PCP services anchored in care continuity and trusted provider relationships. Anywhere providers will be integrated with a team of behavioral health specialists, health coaches, and care coordinators that will assist in referral management and connectivity to local health care markets and providers.
This is a full-time, remote opportunity. We offer excellent salary and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), FSA, malpractice, CME assistance, life and disability, paid time off and holidays.
About Marathon Health
Marathon Health (www.marathon-health.com) is one of the nation’s leading providers of employer-based health services. We serve businesses throughout the United States, providing a different kind of healthcare program that focuses on total population health management and health risk reduction.
Marathon Health promotes a culture of health and wellness in everything we do. It is for this reason we seek to hire individuals who embrace wellness and model healthy behaviors in their own lives. We are proud to be a drug and tobacco free company and the selected candidate must pass a criminal background check and drug test. We value the richness diversity brings to our workforce and are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and provider (EOE).
- Able to receive input from clinical team, make informed decisions in a timely manner, quickly build buy-in, and act on the decisions made.
- Assist with clinician recruitment, onboarding, and training
- Assist the Product team with clinical design decisions in advancing our virtual product capabilities
- Provides direct and indirect supervision of both staff and day-to-day operations
- Reviews patient workflows to ensure best practices and “Raving Fans” service
- Reinforces and educates all staff on the MH Policies and Procedures related to Scope of Services and clinical workflows
- Sets performance standards and provides specific guidance and feedback relating to provider and team performance
- Supports systems in place for monitoring the performance of practitioners and staff (i.e. clinical competencies, mandatory trainings/tests, ongoing training etc)
- Addresses patient complaints and provides feedback to the appropriate resources (i.e customer, Regional Care Team Manager, Client Advocate, People Experience)
- Serves as a resource to our Growth team
- Provides a safe, healthy, and vibrant environment in keeping with the Ambassadors Code
- Passionate about innovations in patient care
- Has and continues to grow a foundational knowledge of requirements, regulations, and best practices regarding virtual care
- Participates in administrative decision-making and oversee the scope of services related to Anywhere
- Develops, approves, and implements specific clinical practices regarding Virtual Care policies and procedures, including areas required by laws and regulations
- Help promote health and safety of patients
- Serves as an escalation point for afterhours critical labs
- Monitors and drives patient outcomes
- Participates in federal, state, local and other external surveys and inspections
- Participates in the quality improvement process
- MD or DO required from an accredited medical school
- 5 years or more of Clinical Practice
- 5 years in the practice of patient care
- At least 1 year of experience building and supporting virtual care platforms is required
- Promotes a learning culture by educating, informing, and communicating
- Willingness to apply for and retain multiple state licensures required. Company will pay for and assist in maintaining these licenses.
- This position is 100% remote. Candidate must have a quiet space where virtual visits can occur without disruption or background noise. Work environment must have a clean, organized background for video visits. Candidates are responsible for providing adequate internet bandwidth to maintain high quality video connections.
(Colorado Only*) Minimum salary of $146,600 and Benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20) of the minimum wage compensation for this role when being hired to work in Colorado