Calmerry is looking for a part-time Medical Director for our fast-growing, US-based mental health startup.
About the role
*This is a remote contractor position*
We are looking for a Medical Director — a strong manager, leader, and self-starter person. They must be passionate about the mission of making mental healthcare accessible to everyone and strongly committed to the improvement of the outcomes.
Your main role will be to provide leadership and direction for medical business activities associated with the Calmerry company.
It is a visible role as the voice for both therapists and clients and a primary company medical representative.
● Ph.D. in clinical psychology or M.D. with a specialization in mental healthcare.
● Good knowledge of advances in treating and understanding mental illness.
● Strong desire to make a breakthrough in the accessibility of mental health services in the US.
● Excellent communication, decision-making, and leadership skills.
● The ability to maintain a high productivity level in an intense startup environment.
Would be a plus:
● Prior/current experience working with online platforms;
● Familiarity with the payor landscape.
● Experience of managing therapist networks.
Being a leader and self-starter in a startup-working company mode:
● Operate successfully in a fast-paced environment both as an individual contributor and leader.
● You will be responsible for developing and implementing procedures, policies, and best mental health practices.
● You will identify insights into the US healthcare system development that might have an impact on online therapy.
● Highlight the unmet needs of the therapists and therapy clients to provide ideas for product development.
Being a key part of the executive team:
● You will be a key member of the executive team that sets the overall strategic direction of the company.
● The MD will interact with all levels of the organization and cooperate on the strategy and vision of the therapy platform.
Maintaining internal and external relations:
● You will interact with an internal audience like therapists and external audience like media representatives.
● Ensure quality client care is at the center of the company’s decision-making and culture.
● Participate in PR activities and be a public figure of the company.
● Coordinate mental health-related research.