At Vida, we empower individuals to overcome chronic mental and physical health conditions, once and for all. The impact of chronic conditions on healthcare is immense: in the US alone, chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease drive 80% of the $3 trillion healthcare spending, which is at 18% of GDP. One in 3 individuals has a chronic health condition, and 1 in 4 struggles with mental health.
Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs from a network of experienced health care providers and leading medical institutions. Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers and large providers to enable their employees live their healthiest lives.
**Vida is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Vida is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Vida is registered.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Vida’s Senior Medical Director, Client Strategy is a unique clinical leadership role, providing clinical expertise and business direction in support of digital health programs to promote the delivery of high quality, constituent responsive continuous care care. The MD is a critical medical and business leader and contact for clinical executives across Vida’s portfolio of clients. The role provides leadership and engagement with health plan and employer clinical client executives, industry partners, and industry medical societies.
This position will serve as a senior clinical advisor to current and prospective clients, advising the impact of Vida’s digital interventions. The ideal candidate will have had hands-on experience in population health initiatives, digital program delivery at health plans, and integrated physical and mental health delivery models. The ideal candidate will also have experience acting in an advisory capacity for clinical executives.
- Partner with SVP Health services on clinical elements of client strategy
- Build relationships with Chief Medical Officers and other senior clinical executives across existing and prospective clients
- Drive provocative discussions with other clinical executives in industry forums and conferences
- Leverage personal network of clinical executives to drive business development
- Actively participate in all client quarterly business reviews, engaging with clinical teams on Vida’s performance
- Review existing collateral and support communication, marketing, and positioning for clinical appropriateness
- Based on client and industry insights, drive continuous feedback to internal product and clinical teams on clinical program design and positioning
- Physician (MD or DO) with active license preferred but not required
- Board certification is strongly preferred, in internal medicine, family medicine or psychiatry but other specialties can be considered
- Demonstrated experience working with clients and populations in an integrated care setting
- Experience with digital technology
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to perform independently, under minimal supervision with accountability for specific goals/objectives
- Demonstrates problem solving, leadership, conflict management, and team building skills in order to ensure a productive work environment and achievement of goals
- Demonstrates strong aptitude to work in a rapidly changing, start-up environment
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 80% for your dependents)
- Healthcare FSA Plan
- Dependent Care FSA Plans
- Commuter and Parking Benefits
- 401K Program
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- 10 Paid Company Holidays
- We’re a distributed company, so you can work from most US states (We still have a HQ office in San Francisco)
- Access to a Vida Health Coach and the full Vida App
- New hire home office stipend
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Training and leadership development programs
- Weekly meetups with team members across the country through our #connectandcommit program
- Quarterly All Company Events
- Quarterly Team Based Connection Opportunities
- Significant opportunities for growth and development as the business grows
Vida is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Vida—it is the foundation of what we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our platform and those we serve. Vida is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
We do not accept unsolicited assistance from any headhunters or recruitment firms for any of our job openings. All resumes or profiles submitted by search firms to any employee at Vida in any form without a valid, signed search agreement in place for the specific position will be deemed the sole property of Vida. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vida as a result of the unsolicited referral.