Maven is the largest virtual clinic for women’s and family health with a mission to improve the health of the world-- one woman, one family at a time. Maven’s unique care model enables employers and health plans to improve maternal health outcomes and lower costs, while empowering parents to grow their families while growing their careers. Our platform is global, includes personalized programs across fertility, maternity, and parenting/pediatrics, and offers 24/7 access to Maven’s proprietary telemedicine network, the largest in women’s health.
Founded in 2014 by CEO Katherine Ryder, Maven was recognized in 2020 as Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Health Company. Maven has supported over 8 million women and families, and raised $92 million in funding from leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT Partners, Icon Ventures, and individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, and Anne Wojcicki.
Maven is looking for a Medical Director with Telehealth expertise to help support our Clinical Product Strategy and Clinical Operations team in creating a better standard of care for women and families and driving improved health outcomes. Reporting directly to the CMO, the Medical Director will be an important member of Maven’s clinical team, and will collaborate closely with Strategy, Product and Clinical Operations to continue to enhance and operationalize Maven’s clinical strategy. The Medical Director will also interface with and support Maven’s expansive telehealth provider network, including training and credentialing, and may work directly with health plan or provider partners as a clinical leader for Maven. This person will assist in the development of new product lines, and ensure clinical quality and outcomes are maintained as we grow. Note that this position could be part time or full-time, depending on other clinical commitments, and the role will be scoped commensurately.
As Medical Director - Clinical Strategy and Operations at Maven, you will:
- Collaborate with clinical product strategists and partner closely with the Product organization and Clinical Operations to develop recommendations for the clinical product roadmap and execution plan
- Help develop product success metrics and track them in a way to maintain accountability but also to inform the future clinical product roadmap
- Work closely with the Clinical Operations team - including Maven Practitioners who practice on Maven’s telehealth platform - to provide clinical guidance and oversight to the telehealth model, including but not limited to: clinical quality monitoring and audit design, provider training development, provider compliance and credentialing committee leadership, clinical escalation protocol support, and collaborating physician models
- Support Maven’s clinical research and outcomes team - driving improved outcomes through continued enhancement of Maven’s product and care model
- Be a clinical voice and thought leader at Maven, including support for marketing and communication efforts as needed
We’re looking for you to bring:
- Passion to drive better maternal health outcomes, and grow new and innovative care models in women’s and family health, including in different populations (i.e., high risk, both Medicaid and Commercial)
- Experience with a high-growth start-up and the excitement at the challenge of building a business with ambitious goals (including potential experience with a B2B2C company)
- Experience collaborating closely in a ‘hands-on’ manner with product/business teams, while driving metrics and business outcomes
- Knowledge of the telemedicine industry - both from regulatory/policy point of view, as well as, the latest results from clinical studies
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals who have different skill sets and backgrounds, including Product, Engineering, Design, and other cross-functional teams on technologies we implement, including in/around telehealth and care coordination
- Superb communication skills, decisive prioritization, and ability to say no
- Clinical degree required, MD or DO from an accredited medical school, Medical Board Certification, and completion of medical residency program preferred
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for Mavens is 100% covered by Maven
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for Mavens and generous credits for family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Weekly stipend for a *free* lunch
- One-time stipend to enhance your work from home experience (We will be working remotely until sometime next year!)
- A variety of virtual team events such as musical performances, game nights & happy hours
- 12 weeks parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.