Psychiatrists will be expected to utilize video based visits to assess, diagnose and treat a wide variety of mental, emotional and behavioral disorders. Supportive counseling and consultation is expected, along with psychotropic medication management as indicated to assist patients with problems ranging from short-term interpersonal issues to severe, chronic conditions. By using medical and psychiatric data, psychiatrists will aid in the development of treatment plans, monitor the effects of medications, and collaborate with primary care physicians, psychologists, therapists and other healthcare professionals to help patients restore their optimal mental health.
- Assess patients via a video-based encounter.
- Perform virtual comprehensive mental health evaluations, compile patient medical data, including health history and mental status examination findings.
- Psychotropic medication management including evaluation of patient medical history, as well as medication response, adherence and tolerability for each individual patient treated.
- Develop and implement behavioral health treatment plans, evaluate results of mental health assessments, and provide evidence-based therapeutic support to patients.
- Collect, record and maintain sensitive patient information such as examination results, medical history and reports.
- Passion for our mission of improving the world's health through compassionate care and innovation.
- Completion of ACGME-accredited psychiatry residency program
- Board-certified/Board-eligible in Psychiatry
- Active and unrestricted M.D. or D.O. medical license in at least one state
- 1+ year of clinical work experience postgraduate credentialing; ability to practice independently without ongoing clinical supervision
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to treat all ages
- Keep up-to-date with continuing education including knowledge of evidence-based psychosocial interventions and psychiatric medications
About Grand Rounds Health and Doctor On Demand:
Grand Rounds Health and Doctor On Demand merged in 2021 to form the first of its kind integrated virtual care company to raise the standard of healthcare. Our personalized, longitudinal care services include primary care, specialty care, integrated behavioral health, everyday and urgent care, chronic condition management and prevention and 24/7 triage. We get members to the right care, at the right time through ongoing clinical navigation, expert medical opinions and care coordination.
Partnering with leading employers and health plans, we deliver unparalleled, end-to-end care. Our combined nationwide practice of dedicated clinicians and innovative data science and technology platforms provide better care experiences, better member satisfaction, and better outcomes and cost savings for our nearly 100 million covered lives across commercial, Medicare and Medicaid.
Headquartered in San Francisco, the combined company has been recognized as a 2020 UCSF Digital Health Award winner for Employer Wellness and 2021 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and Biopharma™ by Great Place to Work and Fortune. Learn more at www.grandrounds.com
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.