Alpha Medical is building a core clinical team of licensed psychotherapists eager to be at the forefront of providing telemedicine health care to patients in need. We are looking for therapists who are self-starters with experience in leading online group therapy sessions of adults with anxiety and depression.
Therapists will work directly with the Chief Medical Officer, Director of Clinical Operations and Psychiatry Advisor to plan and implement group psychotherapy on the Alpha platform. Therapists will work remotely and provide direct patient care via both televideoconferencing and asynchronous telemedicine - leading group psychotherapy sessions, evaluating patient records, and providing additional counseling, as needed. This role is contract-based with potential for developing into a full-time job.
- Licensed therapist in good standing
- Experience in cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, supportive expressive therapy, skills for management of anxiety disorders and depressive symptoms
- Active license(s) in TX, CA, FL, NY, GA, IL, OH, TN, MI, and/or WA (Please specify which licenses you have.)
- Must be willing and eligible to apply for licensure in other states
- Comfort & experience in Behavioral Health with a focus on women’s mental health
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with electronic medical or health records (EMR, EHR)
You may be a great fit if you are:
- Ready to create a group therapy platform from scratch with collaborative, dedicated, and talented team members to support you
- Dedicated to providing evidence-based care to our patients in a respectful, empathetic, and timely manner
- Skilled at using online tools and technology to foster relationships with patients and staff
- Excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment where processes may change quickly and frequently
- Eager to engage in constant process improvement to help us refine our tools and operations for improved care delivery
About the company
Alpha Medical is an exciting startup based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Together, we have developed a fully HIPAA-compliant, asynchronous telemedicine solution that streamlines and enables an accessible and convenient way for both uninsured and insured patients to obtain care for a growing number of medical conditions. Patients are ready for healthcare delivery that matches the accessibility they’ve come to expect from other service sectors, and Alpha is putting that capability in their hands. We diagnose and treat a growing list of medical conditions, including: anxiety and depression, women's reproductive health, skincare, urgent care (bladder infection, cold & flu, cold sores, genital herpes, vaginitis), and chronic medical conditions (asthma, GERD, hypothyroidism, high cholesterol, migraine, and tobacco cessation). Patients access the service through our mobile- and desktop-friendly website. We currently provide care via telemedicine in AL, AZ, CA, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, TN, VA, VT, WA, WI, WY with plans to continue our state expansion.