Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the role:
We are searching for a highly motivated and organized pre-licensed therapist to provide direct care to Equip’s patients and families. The ideal candidate will have interest, knowledge, and experience in treating patients with eating disorders. The candidate must be able to work closely and effectively with a multidisciplinary care team and deliver family-based treatment to those with eating disorders. Candidates will be responsible for evidence based treatment delivery, quality documentation, and ongoing assessment of families’ needs.
- Provide evidence-based family, individual, and group therapy for eating disorders in a virtual clinic (i.e. telehealth) setting
- Implement family-based treatment (FBT) for patients with eating disorders and their loved ones
- Participate in initial and ongoing trainings
- Assess and diagnose mental health conditions
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary treatment team of physicians, dietitians, patient mentors, and family mentors, along with outside providers
- Utilize between-session messaging to support patients and communicate with the treatment team through Equip’s EMR in accordance with Equip’s policies and procedures
- Engage and collaborate in Treatment Team meetings, supervision, and department meetings
- Completion of Master’s degree or doctoral degree program in mental health field and be license-eligible in at least one US state (marriage and family therapy, social work, professional counseling, psychology, etc.)
- Applied and obtained confirmation of pre-license status (e.g. Associates status) in states where applicable (must be verified by primary source verification)
- Must be actively pursuing an independent license in at least one US state and accumulating hours toward licensure
- Ability to provide care 2 evenings per week (8pm in candidate’s time zone)
- Enthusiastic, strong team player a must
- Ability to safely and effectively deliver care in a virtual setting
Competitive salaries and bonuses, remote work, generous paid time-off, paid holidays, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.