Clearlink Partners is an industry-leading managed care consultancy specializing in end-to-end clinical and operational management services and market expansion initiatives for Managed Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, Special Needs Plans, complex care populations, and risk-adjusted entities.
We support organizations as they navigate a dynamic healthcare ecosystem by helping them manage risk, optimize healthcare spend, improve member experience, accelerate quality outcomes, and promote health equity.
- Oversee the design and execution of health service-related functions within managed care plans
- Utilization Management
- Care Management
- Population Health Management
- Grievance and Appeals
- Provide direction and leadership, as required, to medical management programs, processes and workflows to meet operational goals and anticipate future strategic needs and support related to:
- cost-effective use of medical resources
- case delivery at the most appropriate level
- compliance with utilization-related contracts, all regulating agencies, and applicable federal and state regulatory mandates
- Provide input, support and guidance to the development of provider impacting operational process to ensure alignment, strengthen relationships and support member access to quality care
- Provider network strategy and development
- Value based contracting programs
- Reimbursement strategy and payor alignment
- Analyze, monitor and provide input and leadership to quality, medical cost and reimbursement activity and trends for the health plan.
- Provide strategic direction for health plan market/ product medical management and health service operational oversight, management and performance
- Leverage advanced industry expertise and expert knowledge, grounded in research and industry best practice, to provide high value consulting and advisory services
- Deliver innovative, integrated solutions in support of client goals and engagements.
- Lead engagements ensuring completion of all contracted services
- Present findings, recommendations and plans to Client executives
- Facilitate complicated problem-solving discussions to drive to timely, effective decision making
- Advise and persuade key decision makers and influencers
- Deliver concise, clear interpersonal communication to both internal and external audiences
- Facilitate streamlined executive summaries, next step recommendations and communication to all levels of Clearlink and client/ partner organization(s)
- Articulate performance across multiple projects with qualitative and quantitative results/ outcomes
- Influence others to best course of action through advanced understanding of changing business landscapes
- Develop strategies, goals and plans in response to changing business conditions
- Leverage best practice methodologies and approaches across individual account strategies/ client plans.
- Establish short term KPIs and long-term goals and track progress to ensure achievement
- Develop or update policies, procedures and workflows as required to support business needs and requirements
- Coach and mentor staff to reach established engagement goals, plan deliverables and KPIs
- Adapt process, approach, plan and/ or activities in real time to mitigate risk and ensure critical path activities
- Support account management relationships with key client decision makers
- Advanced managed care industry expertise with C-Suite experience developing strategy, managing P&L, leading people, and ensuring contractual compliance
- Ability to translate trends, innovation, operations, financing, costs, requirements and performance into scalable activities and repeatable outcomes
- New product/ market strategy, design and implementation in the Commercial, Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicaid and/ or associated lines of business
- New population strategy development including identification, program design and implementation
- Operationalizing requirements for complex memberships, ensuring outcome delivery
- Expert understanding of legal and regulatory frameworks, healthcare administration models, and internal audit procedures including compliance and remediation activity
- Ability to interpret and educate on complex concepts, requirements and legislation such as the Knox-Keene Act and HIPAA, State Department of Insurance requirements, Federal and State Health and Human Services requirements/ standards as well as CMS, NCQA, and URAC to ensure compliance with complex regulatory structures.
- Strategic leader with ability to produce, manage and maintain system-wide change through influence and persuasion
- Advanced knowledge of project management principles, methods, and techniques
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- High proficiency with core office software (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Visio skills preferred
- Medical Degree (MD) required
- Must be licensed in at least one of the following states: DC, LA, MI, NC, PA, or SC
- Must be Internal or Family Medicine Board Certified
- LTSS experience preferred
- Master’s degree in Healthcare or Business Administration or related field Degree preferred
- 10+ years administrative leadership achievement in health plan operations with progressive responsibility.
- CMO level experience preferred
- 7+ years of experience in a government payor environment with expertise in medical management practice with experience in multiple lines of business (Medicare, Medicaid, Healthcare Exchange, Commercial etc)
- 5+ years delivering results, managing teams and projects and mentoring other physicians in a health plan setting and/or consulting environment; driving complex, multi-faceted, multi-site, application/operational change/improvement programs and activities.
Time Zone: Eastern or Central
- Expected Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 8a.m. – 5 pm; with ability to adjust to Client schedules as needed
- Travel: May be required, as needed by Client
- Direct Reports: None
- Salary Range: $262,700 – $381,000
It is Clearlink Partners’ policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or any other non-merit-based factor in accordance with all applicable laws, directives and regulations of Federal, state and city entities. This salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target wage for new hires of this position across all US locations. Individual pay will be influenced by Experience, Education, Specialized Soft Skills, and/or Geographic location.