Who We Are
Vial's vision is to empower scientists to cure all human disease. Vial was founded on a mission to
reimagine clinical trials and deliver faster and more efficient trials for sponsors. Through our end to end technology platform, we are delivering on a generational opportunity to make trials radically more efficient.
Vial’s co-founders (Simon Burns and Andrew Brackin) were early team members at $1B+ startups Robinhood, Opendoor and Newfront. Our early team is made up of experienced technology and operations leaders from Apple, Google, Microsoft, Faire, Chime and other leading technology companies.
Vial was founded in Oct 2020 and has grown the team to over 100 across the business. Come join us on our adventure to reimagine clinical trials.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Chief Medical Officer who will bring experience across multiple therapeutic areas. This is a fully remote opportunity and can be either full-time or contract.
- Report directly to the CEO - inform and advice CEO and executive committee on matters related to patient care
- Develop, drive, implement, and execute clinical strategies across the organization
- Manage and oversea physicians and medical professionals at the organization to ensure that patient needs are effectively and efficiently met
- Develop and manage clinical budgets
- Develop and retain key talent of the clinical function and hire, manage, and develop medical personnel
- Spearhead quality improvement across the organization
- Lead the development and growth of a future Vial's clinical offerings
- Offer clinical guidance and facilitate relationships within the medical community
- Perform all duties in keeping with the Company’s core values, policies, and all applicable regulations
Who You Are
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Board certified, licensed physician
- 10+ years of experience in the CRO, pharmaceutical, or biotech industry.
- Experience working in a small biotech environment is highly preferred
- Ideally, experience across Oncology, GI, Central Nervous Systems, Ophthalmology, or Dermatology.
- Must be self-motivated and understand the risk and risk management in a small company environment
- Cross-functional collaborative skill set and brings strong analytical thinking and strategic perspective
Why You’ll Love Working At Vial
We are innately curious. We found our calling in clinical trials after learning the pain points directly. It is our curiosity that propels us to keep building, finding new challenges, and fulfilling our vision of reimagining clinical trials.
We believe in autonomy. Team members do their best work when given autonomy. In order to make an impact on the scale of the Vial vision, we built our culture to enable each Vial team member to feel ownership of their domain.
We take pride in building mastery. We believe in building master in a craft. Craftsmanship, a pride in one’s craft, is key to prolonged engagement on a difficult challenge. Vial’s culture is one of highly autonomous, deeply focused experts working on an immensely hard problem together.
Our strength is moving fast and staying humble. We believe that if we build a team that is intellectually honest, that we stay nimble and keep an open mind to all solutions - we’ll be adaptive and solve the problems that face us at every turn.
Competitive Equity Compensation
Health, Dental, and Vision
Paid Parental Leave