About the Job
Our stealth psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy medical group is on a mission to improve appropriate access to psychedelic-assisted therapy, bring strong clinical rigor through evidence-based approaches, and be the provider of choice for insurers and referring providers. 33% of American adults experience symptoms of anxiety and depression, which has only been exacerbated by the pandemic. A significant portion of these individuals (30% in patients with diagnosed depression) struggle to see tangible results or outcomes from current prescription medications or talk-therapy. Psychedelics (i.e., Ketamine, MDMA, LSD, Psilocybin, etc.) have emerged as new forms of treatment to combat and alleviate treatment-resistant depression. This is a massive area of need, with treatment-resistant depression alone impacting ~5M patients in the United States with a TAM greater than $13bn.
The company vision is to build the premier psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy medical practice that provides safe and effective virtual and in-person treatment options when clinically appropriate.
As Head of Medical, in partnership with the CEO, you will build and launch the business with the mission to improve access to high-quality, safe, and affordable psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy treatment for adults with clinically appropriate diagnoses through digital tools and access to high-quality clinicians. Responsibilities will include:
What You’ll Do:
- Set the vision for the medical practice and define the overall care model / care protocol approach from launch to scale
- Structure a thoughtful organizational hiring plan and recruit, retain, and develop world-class clinicians
- Support and inform strategy and decision making across all clinical and patient facing corporate areas, including business development, product, marketing, operations, and finance
- Determine the highest order clinical KPIs and build the plan and team to measure, monitor, and improve them
- Design and scale a stellar high-quality therapist and psychiatrist medical group
- Develop and implement a framework for building strategic clinical/academic partnerships
- Drive operations, including full P&L for care delivery operations
- Support development of referring provider acquisition strategy
- Support clinical requirements inputs for the product and technical vision
- Support and sustain a great medical group culture with articulated values that provides inspired leadership and enables a great working relationship to the team across all levels
What you’ll need:
- 10+ years of experience, with progressively more senior roles potentially including: VP, Medical Director, Director of Clinical Ops
- 5+ years of experience managing clinical care delivery operations (behavioral health and psychiatry services experience nice to have)
- 5+ years of experience with managing, defining, and/or supporting patient-first ethical clinical care standards in a care delivery model
- 5+ years managing and recruiting licensed clinical professionals into a medical group
- Proven track record of building successful and growing in-person or virtual care delivery medical practices and/or care delivery models
- Experience supporting implementation/maintenance/updates to EHR / care delivery tech platform
- Action Oriented: You readily take action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. You identify and seize new opportunities. You display a can-do attitude in good and bad times. You step up to handle tough issues. You take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Communicates Effectively: You are effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. You attentively listen to others. You adjust to fit the audience and the message. You provide timely and helpful information to others across the organization. You encourage the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions. You develop and delver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Situational Adaptability: You pick up on situational cues and adjusts in the moment. You readily adapt personal, interpersonal, and leadership behavior. You understand that different situations may call for different approaches. You can act differently depending on the circumstances. You adapt your approach and demeanor in real-time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
You will work out of one of the following locations:
- In-office: New York, NY
- Remote: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming