Who We Are
Vial's mission is to run clinical trials with faster execution and higher quality to bring new therapies to market. We are building infrastructure that powers faster execution of clinical trials and higher quality data. Vial's vision is to empower scientists to cure all human disease.
Vial’s co-founders (Simon Burns and Andrew Brackin) were early team members at $10B+ startups Robinhood, Opendoor and Newfront. Our early team is made up of experienced technology and operations leaders from Apple, Google, Faire, Chime, TPG Capital and other leading technology companies.
Vial was founded in Oct 2020 and has grown the team to over 100 across all areas of the business. Come join us on our adventure to reimagine clinical trials.
What You’ll Do:
We’re looking to hire a Medical Director, who will be responsible for providing medical, clinical and scientific advisory expertise across teams at Vial. You’ll report to our VP of Clinical Strategy and work directly with clinical and executive leadership at Vial and our partners.
This role is fully remote, based anywhere in the US. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide sponsorship to work outside of the United States.
- Act as Therapeutic Medical Adviser on assigned projects
- Provide medical support to investigative sites and project staff for protocol-related issues including protocol clarifications, inclusion/exclusion criteria and issues of patient safety and/or eligibility
- Contribute to the medical review of the protocol, Investigative Drug Brochure (IDB) and/or Case Report Forms (CRFs)
- Provide therapeutic area/indication training for the project clinical team
- Attend and present at investigator meetings
- Provide medical support for the Analysis of Similar Events (AOSE), in collaboration with or on behalf of pharmacovigilance department
- Oversee/perform medical review of coding, listings and patient profiles
- Perform review of the Clinical Study Report (CSR) and patient narratives
- Attend project kick-off meetings, weekly team meetings, client meetings, as well as other meetings as needed or requested
- Provide strategic, medical, and budgeting input into proposal development including participation at business development meetings
What You'll Bring
- Medical degree from an accredited and internationally recognized medical school with a curriculum relevant to general medical education requirements
- 5 - 7 years of prior relevant experience in general clinical medicine + clinical research as an investigator or in the Pharma, CRO, or Biotech industry
- Current knowledge of medical, scientific, clinical, regulatory, commercial and competitive landscape in applicable therapeutic area
- Knowledge of applicable federal and local regulations and guidelines pertaining to clinical research
- Excellent command of and highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Plus for strong connections to FDA and/or regulatory departments in dermatology, ophthalmology, oncology, or gastroenterology
- A drive to be a “builder”. Your contributions will have an impact not just on the clinical side, but company wide
Why You’ll Love Working At Vial
We are innately curious. We found our calling in clinical trials after learning the pain points directly. It is our curiosity that propels us to keep building, finding new challenges, and fulfilling our vision of reimagining clinical trials.
We believe in autonomy. Team members do their best work when given autonomy. In order to make an impact on the scale of the Vial vision, we built our culture to enable each Vial team member to feel ownership of their domain.
We take pride in building mastery. We believe in building master in a craft. Craftsmanship, a pride in one’s craft, is key to prolonged engagement on a difficult challenge. Vial’s culture is one of highly autonomous, deeply focused experts working on an immensely hard problem together.
Our strength is moving fast and staying humble. We believe that if we build a team that is intellectually honest, that we stay nimble and keep an open mind to all solutions - we’ll be adaptive and solve the problems that face us at every turn.
Competitive Equity Compensation
Health, Dental, and Vision
Paid Parental Leave