Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the Role:
Supervising psychiatrists are experienced, licensed medical providers responsible for providing comprehensive psychiatric assessment and ongoing evidence-based treatment at Equip. You will report to the VP of Clinical Care Delivery/Head Psychiatrist and work collaboratively with the other psychiatrists as well as our multidisciplinary team of providers. You will provide direct patient care as well as indirect consultation to our medical providers.
The best candidate for this position will have experience working with eating disorders and will have familiarity and/or experience with family-based treatment and other evidence-based eating disorder treatment interventions. Above all, you are someone who is motivated by the ultimate goal of providing the highest quality care so that everyone can achieve lasting recovery.
- Complete comprehensive initial psychiatric assessments and ongoing medication management of psychiatrically complex patients
- Consult with Equip medical providers on medication management for non-complex cases
- Supervise pediatric nurse practitioners pursuing primary care mental health certification on non-complex cases. Supervise psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners
- Participate in treatment team meetings and weekly continuing education meetings
- Comply with all licensing requirements (including participation in the Interstate Medical Licensure Compact) as requested by Equip to ensure we are able to treat patients across regions. Equip will pay for all licensing expenses
- Additional initiatives and projects by mutual agreement
- Licensed child and adolescent psychiatrist with experience delivering evidence-based treatments
- Strong clinical skills and ability to work with families in crisis
- Experience providing clinical supervision
- Data driven, with experience using data to guide clinical care
- Strong skills in communication and collaboration with diverse teams
- Experience working on interdisciplinary teams
- Organized and results-driven, completes documentation promptly and accurately
- Ability to triage clinical priorities
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, subject to rapid change and innovation
Competitive salaries and bonuses, flexible hours from home, flexible time-off, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.