Elemy is the nationwide provider of childhood mental healthcare and behavioral therapy. We match families with like-minded therapists resulting in better care that helps children with conditions such as autism, ADHD, anxiety & depression, and bipolar learn new behaviors and reach life-changing milestones faster. Children receiving care with Elemy report an 83% reduction in problem behaviors and an 88% increase in new skills within six months. These amazing milestones inspire us each day to further our mission in delivering life-changing mental health care for every child in need.
Since launching in April 2020, Elemy has become one of the fastest-growing healthcare companies in the United States, scaling from four employees to more than 1,300 people in two years. The company is backed by some of the most prominent investors in healthcare and technology, including SoftBank, Goodwater, General Catalyst, Founders Fund, SignalFire, and 8VC.
Interested in learning more? Learn how Elemy is delivering care faster despite long wait lists with this ABC story, watch a mother detail her Elemy experience on NBC News, read Bloomberg’s take on our Series B, listen to Elemy CEO, Yury Yakubchyk, discuss destigmatizing mental health on Wharton’s Digital Health podcast on Spotify, and check out why Dr. Henry Roane was awarded the highest award of its honor in ABA therapy, the American Psychological Association Nathan H. Azrin Distinguished Contribution to Applied Behavior Analysis Award.
Psychiatrist at Elemy
Elemy is looking for driven Psychiatrists (MD or DO or required) to join our fast-growing team in Huston, Texas and provide telehealth services to our pediatric clients (ages 4 - 17).
We have a mix of part and full time opportunities at top market compensation and can fit your schedule. Most importantly, with our tech-forward approach and streamlined operations we will make sure you spend your time on providing direct care while we handle all the administrative work for you, from patient onboarding and scheduling to payor relations and billing.
As a psychiatrist on our care team, you will oversee the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of children who may have slight or severe behavioral, emotional or social disorders.
Typical clinical scope includes working with children experiencing a range of conditions, such as ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, and PTSD among others. Our clients include a diverse population with a mix of private, public, and uninsured patients.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct and supervise regularly scheduled telehealth diagnostic evaluations and medication management services for our pediatric clients (ages 4-17).
- Supervise and/or collaborate with our interdisciplinary team of clinical psychologists, mental health therapists and nurse practitioners to develop an individualized treatment plan for each child, when appropriate.
- Collaborate with Elemy’s Clinical leadership to improve our clinical approach and processes in order to create a best-in-class pediatric psychiatry program at Elemy.
- Complete all necessary clinical documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
What You’ll Need:
- Unrestricted MD or DO in Psychiatry
- Active medical license.
- Active Federal DEA certificate/number.
- Available a minimum of 10 hours per week for telehealth appointments (preferred).
- At least 1 year of experience delivering psychiatric care for children and adolescents ages 4-17
- Open to remote work. If you’re ready to take the very occasional local trip if needed, that is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills - capable of reaching children of different ages and from different cultures as well as connecting with parents of varied socio-economic backgrounds.
- Comfortable with using and adopting new technology.
- No more than one open malpractice claim.
- No open licensing board complaints and no probated or restricted licensure.
- Spanish Bilingual is a plus.
At Elemy, we are a globally-distributed team with many of our team members located throughout the world, including in the following cities: San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Toronto, Montreal, and Kyiv. While everyone currently works remotely, we envision a future that balances face-to-face collaboration with a remote-friendly environment.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Elemy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.