The Telehealth Physician is responsible for the care of patients that use UCM Digital Health’s online platform. This remote position will speak with patients and guide their care. The ability to work a varying schedule including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
The Telehealth Physician oversees overall patient care. This will include obtaining a focused history, an appropriate physical exam, evidenced-based medical decision making (MDM), documentation in the electronic medical record, e-prescribing, writing orders for patient navigation and follow-up care, providing self-care instructions and communicating directly with patients and their caregivers regarding their medical history and concerns.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Telehealth Physician will be responsible for the following responsibilities and duties:
Care of Patients (online)
Approximately 95% of time
- Conversing with patients via UCM’s Digital Health platform and treating patients through direct shift work; both synchronous and asynchronous in states of licensure
- Obtaining a focused medical history and asking patients situation-specific questions to formulate accurate diagnoses of patients.
- Provide clinical assessment and evaluation for the treatment of patients
- MDM and the formulation of suitable treatment plans to address non-threatening conditions, such as common colds, cases of flu, ear infections, urinary tract infections, allergies, rashes, weight loss, and fitness instructions.
- Electronic prescribing of suitable medications to patients and providing proper dosage and administration instructions.
- Ordering of diagnostic testing and referrals to other health care providers
- Maintaining accurate electronic medical records of patients' contact details, medical history, prescribed medications, allergies, diagnoses, and progress.
- Adhere to all corporate Information Security policies and procedures. Identify any breaches or potential breaches of corporate Information Security standards and communicate those to appropriate individuals. Maintain integrity, availability, and confidentiality of all PHI. Adhere to HIPAA standards for information security, privacy, and confidentiality.
- Oversee the reporting of diagnostic testing results and follow-up treatment, referrals, and recovery.
Approximately 5% of time
- Attend mandatory staff and provider meetings.
- Keep current on clinical guidance provided by the Chief Medical Officer and Quality Team.
- Participate in quality assurance initiatives.
- Work with administrative leadership on care improvement initiatives.
- A Medical Degree with board certification in Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine or Internal Medicine.
Competencies/Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience in the practice of medicine, with specific training and experience in emergency medicine.
In addition, the following experience is desirable:
- Experience in Telemedicine
- Licensure in all fifty states
- Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly
- Ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflicts
- Medical practice management experience and a proven track record for effective team management and results-driven leadership.
- Deep knowledge of current medical practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and diplomacy skills; the ability to interact
- effectively in person (remote) and in writing with people of various professional and cultural backgrounds; prior exposure to a diverse, multicultural work environment.
We are seeking multi-state licensed providers with licenses in NY, CA, TX, FL and the majority of the following states: AL, AZ, CO, GA, IL, NC, NE, NM, OK, SC, TN, UT, VA, and VT.
Occasional (0-40%)/ Frequent (41-71%)/Constant (72%-100%)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Constant computer work which may require repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting and sustained visual and mental applications and demands.
- Occasional lifting, bending, pulling, collating, and filing, some of which could be heavy (>10lbs)
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
UCM Digital Health maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is out objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and termination.
UCM Digital is hiring for flexible remote Telehealth Physician positions. We value our team members and want individuals who want to make a difference.
Benefits to include:
- Competitive total compensation package (salary, medical and dental benefits, PTO, 401k, incentive pay)
- Ability to work remote