Valera Health is a best-in-class tele-mental health service company that uses digital technology to deliver high-quality and culturally appropriate behavioral healthcare.
At Valera Health, we practice complete care and believe that great care happens when we work together. We employ a comprehensive care approach that combines therapy and medication management with overall wellness promotion. We make sure our patients are supported between visits with personalized tools and resources and an easy way to reach out for help. Our team works together to provide treatment that is comprehensive, coordinated, and tailored to patients.
We are recruiting a Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist. We offer fee-for-service and full-time salaried roles. Our clinicians use Valera Health’s proprietary tele-health platform to deliver comprehensive, accessible, and high-quality behavioral health care. Our health coach team will assist with patient engagement and logistical support, streamlining everyday tasks so you can focus on delivering the best clinical care for patients.
Join the Valera Community:
- Be part of a compassionate care team dedicated to taking care of patients. Our health coaches, therapists, nurse practitioners, and psychiatrists have a wide range of expertise and work collaboratively to meet patients’ needs.
- Focus on clinical work. Valera provides malpractice insurance and the technology and EMR systems you need to deliver care efficiently and effectively.
- Participate in optional clinical trainings to grow your skills (CEUs may be available).
- Work from home with flexible hours.
Responsibilities of a Psychiatrist:
- Assess and screen patients by conducting psychiatric evaluations, including interviews, medical histories, physical exams, observations, and psychological testing
- Analyze data and results of assessments to diagnose patients
- Prescribe and administer medications according to diagnosis
- Monitor patients to determine efficacy and potential side effects of medications
- Develop a treatment plan, measure progress against the plan, and make adjustments as needed
- Provide crisis intervention as needed
- Complete all necessary clinical documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Collaborate with a broader team of physicians, psychologists, and nurses to assess and adjust treatment plans
- Coordinate and communicate with case managers and other stakeholders about treatment and care
Qualifications of a Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist:
- Current and valid Licensed to practice medicine in state.
- Board certification in psychiatry
- Medical degree from an accredited medical school and completion of an approved psychiatric residency & Child/Adolescent fellowship.
- Current DEA registration
- Familiar with crisis assessment tools and techniques
- Strong working knowledge of general psychiatric principles and practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
We know how critical having access to quality mental health care is. We envision a world where people are able to receive the help they need from anywhere, and it starts with Valera Health.
Valera Health Mission Statement:
To provide compassionate mental healthcare to those who need it the most, when they need it the most.
Valera Health Values:
- Follow the data, embrace change, and adapt purposefully
- Build an authentic, inclusive, and engaged community
- Collaborate and work as a team
- Invest in our team members and their development
- Incorporate diversity and equity every step of the way
- Treat others with dignity and operate with integrity
Be part of our mission!
We are very proud of the work that we do and it takes a great team to make it happen! If you are interested in one of our open positions, we’d love to start the conversation.
We hire people from all backgrounds because that’s what it takes to build a team that can reach and support those in need of high-quality behavioral healthcare. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.