BetterMedics is seeking an experienced Physician to provide patient care via our proprietary telehealth platform. This position is an on-call, remote job opportunity, where pay is provided even if the Physician does not take a call. This position provides generous flexibility and a team-coverage method for scheduling work hours. The ideal candidate must have an active license in the state of Ohio.
- Pay: $20 per hour for on-call time plus $125 per active call.
- Work remotely! Flexible scheduling with 12-hour shift blocks, running 24/7. Ability to schedule up to 24 hours consecutively.
- Get paid for on-call time, not just the time that you take patient calls.
Your primary job is to answer video calls from patients, resulting in a succinct care plan and/or connect the patient to the next line of care. In addition to care calls, we expect clinicians to follow up with the patients in order to make sure all of their healthcare needs are met. You will coordinate with other providers, community health resources, pharmacies, etc. as needed. The goals of this position are to prevent unnecessary ER visits and serve as a proactive layer of care within the home; thereby achieving better health outcomes and increasing quality of life for patients. Most of your active time will be spent within the BetterMedics platform on video calls with patients.
Additional duties include
- Assuring delivery of quality care to all patients in a respectful and professional manner.
- Document patient care by charting in patient records within the BetterMedics platform.
- Perform therapeutic procedures by ordering treatments and prescribing medications.
- Instruct and counsel patients by describing therapeutic regimens; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provide continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintain a safe and clean home work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to HIPAA compliance policies and protocols.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Compensation & Position Details
Job Type:Hourly & Per Call: Contractor
Pay:$20 per hour for on-call time plus $125 per active call
Schedule:12 hour - 24 hour shift blocks running 24/7
License/Capabilities:Ohio License, Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
Work Location:Fully Remote
Competencies, Knowledge and Skills:
- Intermediate proficiency level with Electronic Health Records (EHR), web-based tools including email, Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to multi-task and work independently within a team environment
- Knowledge of local, state & federal healthcare laws and regulations & all company policies regarding case management practices
- Adhere to code of ethics that aligns with professional practice
- Strong advocate for patients at all levels of care
- Awareness of community & state support resources
- Critical listening and thinking skills
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills