CareHarmony’s Remote Care Coordinators(LPNs) work comprehensively with providers to deliver value-based care management initiatives for their patients. Our clinicians are driven by their passion for the level of care delivered; experts in assisting patients and caregivers navigate a sometimes fractured healthcare system and consistently prioritize a high-quality standard so patients may better manage chronic illnesses and achieve success.
CareHarmony is seeking an experienced, Fluent Spanish-Speaking Licensed Practical Nurse(LPN)- with at least 3 years of direct patient-facing work experience; that thrives in a fast-paced environment, is self-motivated, has impeccable attention to detail, and values the impact they can have on a patients healthcare journey.
You will have experience identifying resources and coordinating needs for chronic care management patients.
You will have a proven ability to analyze a patient’s healthcare summary and prioritize.
You will apply your experience and judgment to complex patients.
In this role, you can expect to manage an assigned census of patients; where you will deliver telephonic support, resolve opportunities for care, and coordinate care resources. This position is 100% remote, telephonic, with no face-to-face contact with patients.
Full-Time Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5:30 pm-CST., no weekends
Responsibilities/Day in the Life
- Manage patient census with a resolution-driven approach to close gaps in clinical and non-clinical patient care.
- Identify and coordinate community resources with patients that would benefit their care.
- Provide patient education and health literacy on the management of chronic conditions.
- Perform medication management, including identifying potential medication concerns, reconciliation, adherence, and coordinating refills.
- Assist in ensuring timely delivery of services to your patients; Home Health, DME, Home Infusion, and other critical needs.
- Resolve patients' questions and create an open dialogue to understand needs.
- Assist/Manage referrals and appointment scheduling.
- Ability to consistently adhere to quality compliance and care-time metrics
- Three years of clinical patient-facing experience; preferably with chronically ill patients.
- Case Management, care coordination, or home health experience preferred.
- Active Multi-State/Compact License
- Fundamental experience with technology; Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a stickler for details
- Positive, uplifting personality with a compassionate and friendly demeanor
- Natural ability to manage stressful interactions, with a strong concierge approach to potential escalations
- Enjoys working in a fast-growing, rapidly changing environment
- Experience with Epic a plus
- Fluent Spanish-Speaking LPN
- Remote work for this position requires you to provide and meet the internet requirements; Fiber or Cable, preferably wired.
- Must have a home office or HIPPA-compliant workspace that is secure with privacy to protect personal health information.
- Reside in the following States:
- Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisana, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennslyvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
10 Paid Holidays
PTO + STO