Heartbeat Health is a venture-backed health tech startup in New York. We are working to deliver the most effective, efficient, and engaging virtual heart care in the world. By 2030, over 40% of the US population will have heart disease, with direct and indirect costs approaching $1 trillion USD. Heart disease may be the most important health crisis we confront in our time.
Heartbeat addresses this problem via virtual cardiology services that include diagnostic interpretation, telecardiology, and procedural referrals to bring virtual-first care to cardiology, and improve the outcomes and efficiency for cardiac patients.
Our team consists of passionate and proven physicians, engineers, scientists, designers, and founders attacking this problem from first principles, applying human-centered design, and developing evidence-based AI to solve this global issue. We collaborate with the American College of Cardiology, and we have been recognized as one of the 150 most promising digital health startups by CB Insights. We recently closed our Series B funding and are backed by Echo Health Ventures, Optum Ventures, DaVita Venture Group, .406 Ventures, Kindred Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, Designer Fund, and Max Ventures. We’ve been featured in TechCrunch, CNBC, Fast Company, and Forbes.
The Medical Director is responsible for the execution of medical activities that underpin Heartbeat Health’s clinical strategy. This role reports to the National Medical Director, VP Clinical Services. We’re looking to hire a cardiologist who is forward thinking and interested in healthcare innovation. They should be passionate about providing direct patient care and moving the needle in the virtual care space.
About the role
- 70% clinical responsibility, 30% administrative/leadership
- Direct patient care via telemedicine
- Non-invasive diagnostic interpretation (ECGs, echoes, ECG monitors)
- Conduct and support internal and external training, content development and review as needed to support clinical launch activities
- Synthesize and present clinical data to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring the scientific integrity of client-related projects
- Participate in quality and compliance review process
- Assist with day-to-day problem-solving by providing guidance to the team and raising issues and solutions to senior team.
- Manage a team of clinical employees
- Medical degree
- Completion of an accredited internal medicine and cardiovascular disease fellowship
- Board certification in cardiovascular disease
- Minimum of five (5) years of clinical experience
- Experience working with clinical protocols and medical reviews
- Experience in virtual care
Why you'll love working here
- We're mission-driven: we're revolutionizing the way cardiovascular care is delivered
- Up for the challenge: make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- Great people: become a part of something incredible, and do it with an exceptionally talented, multidisciplinary team.
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- opt into comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits
- enjoy flexible leave policies
- Distributed team and remote friendly culture
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, our team is founded on a set of values we hold close to heart:
- Be amazing at what you do, without ego.
- Take ownership and be accountable to yourself and the team.
- Move fast with our stakeholders' best interests at heart.
- Be open to a breadth of ideas, but focused on delivery.
- Measure and improve what really matters.
- Be candid and honest with people.
- Demonstrate high integrity, always.
- Help others and appreciate those who help you.
- Be a kind and decent human.
- Have fun.
You’re open to new ideas, thoughtful in your approach, pragmatic in your delivery, constantly learning, and up for a challenge. You elevate the work of those around you. You want the superpower to save millions of lives.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Heartbeat will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.