Alsana is an eating disorder recovery community with multiple locations nationwide. We provide superior and committed care to help those on their journey to a healthy and successful recovery. From the Latin roots meaning “all” or “total health,” Alsana offers a new philosophy of care centered on our clients’ full well-being. We address the aspects of eating disorders that often go untreated in traditional recovery programs. Our culture creates a working environment of communication, collaboration, compassion, and integrity—all of which are necessary to craft unique treatment plans tailored to our clients’ needs and outcomes.
As the Psychiatrist at Alsana, you will develop and implement policies and clinical management procedures. You will oversee the delivery of medical services within the program and invest yourself in developing an institution where theoretical concepts and clinical programs become role models in the future evolution and delivery of services. The psychiatrist may also provide individual and family psychotherapy for the eating disorder program.
- Provides professional practice according to the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Psychiatry Care competencies
- Acts in conjunction with treatment center leaders to ensure that the interdisciplinary practice model is followed in developing individualized plans of care and maintaining a therapeutic milieu
- Attends weekly treatment team meetings and reports on treatment planning and progress toward therapeutic goals for each respective client
- Provides accurate and ongoing assessments and documentation of client status and individual sessions and responds appropriately
- Ensures that documentation accurately reflects all changes in clients’ condition and notifies all appropriate care providers as dictated by program policy
- Demonstrates professional conduct, concern, respect and compassion toward all clients, families, co-workers and the public, as a representative of Alsana
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and complete assignments and develop treatment plans
- Maintains appropriate certifications and licensure in good standing at all times
- Orders medications, obtains informed consents, and documents indications for all medications
- Investigates any adverse drug reaction / allergies and reports significant ADRs to the Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in conjunction with the facility pharmacy per policy
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Graduate from an accredited school of medicine; MD or DO degree
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state of hire
- 4+ years of experience in the delivery of mental health treatment and clinical administration; preferred
- Must possess knowledge of milieu management, client dynamics, individual and family treatment, and biological aspects of psychological illness
Are you ready to let your light shine?! Join the Alsana team today!