Maven is the largest virtual clinic for women's and family health, offering continuous, holistic care for fertility, pregnancy and parenting. Maven’s award-winning digital programs are trusted by leading employers and health plans to reduce costs and drive better health outcomes for both parents and children. Founded in 2014 by CEO Kate Ryder, Maven has supported more than 10 million women and families to date. Maven has raised more than $200 million in funding from leading investors including Sequoia, Oak HC/FT, Dragoneer Investment Group and Lux Capital.
An award-winning culture working towards an important mission – Maven Clinic is a recipient of over 20 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Fast Company #1 Most Innovative Company in Health (2020)
- Built In NYC Best Place to Work (2022)
- Built In NYC Best Paying Companies (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
Maven is looking for a mission-driven, empathetic, OB/GYN to support our members through virtual care services and to advance Maven’s unique care model. As a full-time virtual provider, you will have the opportunity to meet with members across the United States, scaling impact and healthcare access nationally. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with a curated provider networkspanning 30+ specialties and 350+ subspecialties to deliver holistic, high value care.
Note, this position asks for a commitment of 40 hrs/week of direct member care Monday - Friday, 1pm to 9pm EST (10am to 6pm PST) with opportunities for additional clinical leadershipresponsibilities. During shifts, you can expect to support members through video consults and asynchronous messaging, providing medical care, coaching, and general support pending member needs and appropriate scope of practice. While visit volume will vary, you can expect to see on average 2-3 members per hour, with an ability to work closely with our operations team to load-balance if required.
As a full-time Maven OB/GYN, you will:
- Provide virtual care and support to members via video consults and asynchronous messaging
- Collaborate with Maven’s Care Advocate team to ensure member needs are met, including recommendations for in-person referrals, follow-ups, etc.
- Partner with clinical and business leadership to roll-out and refine initiatives, including product beta testing, clinical protocol development, case review, provider training, and content development
- Moderate and contribute to Maven’s member forum, responding to member questions and ensuring clinical accuracy
- Participate in Maven’s company-wide and clinical team meetings, providing clinical expertise in discussions on product and business strategy
- Serve as an ambassador of Maven’s unique care model, providing culturally humble care and championing our belief that better outcomes for women and families mean a better world for everyone
We’re looking for you to bring:
- Ability to provide direct member care 40 hrs per week at specific shifts with opportunities for additional clinical leadership responsibilities
- Ability to commit to the following member care shift schedule (schedule may slightly change; can confirm availability during interview process) for at least 1 year
- Monday - Friday: 1pm to 9pm EST (10am to 6pm PST)
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Active MD or DO license
- Board certification in OB-GYN
- No open licensing board complaints and no probated or restricted licensure
- Experience providing empathetic, culturally humble care
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment
- Passion for women’s and family health
Compensation & Perks:
Maven offers full-time providers a competitive compensation package including equity. Maven will also reimburse physicians for all state licensure obtained while at Maven required to serve members nationally (contract terms apply). Maven also invests in its employees through:
- 16 weeks parental leave plus flexible ramp-up policy and new parent stipend
- Annual professional development stipend
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for employees, family & friends
- Remote work stipend
- Paid time off
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships*
- Work from anywhere IN THE WORLD summer!
- In-office catered breakfast on Tuesday, Wednesday Grubhub lunch program & Thursday Maven get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend*
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven!
- 401K matching for US-based, full-time employees (immediately vesting)
*These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers listed under Maven DCW Providers, PA are ineligible for these benefits.
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g email@example.com). Maven Clinic will also never ask for bank account information (routing, account numbers), social security numbers, passwords or any other sensitive information to be delivered over email, or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.