We’re committed to providing positive outcomes to patients across the country, no matter their situation. We want everyone to have ‘insider access’ to great healthcare. At Included Health, the virtual PCP furthers this mission by ensuring that our patients receive outstanding care and understand the ‘what’, ‘how’, and ‘why’ of the medical recommendations that they receive.
We are looking for physicians to join our team who can provide virtual medical services and professional guidance and support to patients over video and phone. Physicians who thrive in this role enjoy practicing in a collaborative and fast-paced environment while providing holistic and comprehensive primary care. Strong candidates will be able to communicate in patient-friendly language both verbally and in writing and enjoy supporting and collaborating with a multidisciplinary team.
Most importantly, you will become part of the health care solution and embody a passion for saving lives through better health care quality and raising the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere.
- Provide virtual telehealth services. You will speak with patients over the phone and video to assess their needs, gather important clinical history, diagnose, and provide appropriate clinical guidance or treatment.
- Serve as consulting clinician with the Connected Care Program to develop care plans and drive successful outcomes.
- Manage a panel of primary care patients and provide comprehensive care (including acute care, chronic disease management, and preventive care) to improve health outcomes and quality.
- Act as supervising physician to nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
- Partner with our Credentialing Team to become licensed in additional states if needed.
- Must maintain average patient satisfaction ratings within practice expectations-- to meet this requirement physicians are expected to deliver patient care with exemplary bedside manner and a focus on high quality, evidence-based medicine.
- This job operates in a professional, private and secure, home office.
- Must be able to use manual dexterity while using office equipment such as computers, laptops, keyboard, and mouse. Ability to perform multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work assigned shifts including evening and weekend requirements per contract.
- Ability to perform job functions independently.Ability to arrive on time to shifts, complete shifts as scheduled and maintain excellent attendance.
- Keep up-to-date with medical developments, treatment and medications.
- Model our culture and values through humility and curiosity
- Completion of a 3 year Family Medicine residency or equivalent program.
- Active medical license and ABMS or AOA Board Certification in Family Medicine required.
- 3 years post residency Family Medicine/ Primary Care experience
- Not under current exclusion or sanction by any state or federal health care program, including Medicare or Medicaid, and is not identified as an “excluded person” by the Office of Inspector General of the Department of Health and Human Services or the General Service Administration (GSA), or reprimanded or sanctioned by Medicare.
- Must maintain Medicare active status.
- Completion of U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
- Be comfortable discussing medical conditions from a wide variety of specialties (not just what you trained in)Prior experience as a primary care physician and managing a panel of patientsBe empathetic. You’ll work with patients and their families who are going through challenging times. You need to keep perspective, be empathetic, and be reassuring that you will help them.
- Be efficient. We are a fast growing company and we are busy! You will have lots of work to do and will be expected to meet volume targets without sacrificing quality.
- Handle a fast-paced environment with competing priorities. You need good judgment to appropriately juggle your responsibilities.
- Strictly follow security and HIPAA regulations to protect our patients’ medical information.
- Excel at communicating with patients and other clinicians, and enjoy doing so.
- Experience with telemedicine and a high level of comfort with technology preferred.
- 40 hours per week 8 hour shifts Monday through Friday (8AM-5PM), one late evening (up to 7PM- still an 8 hour shift) and one eight hour shift on a Sat or Sun every fourth weekend. When you work on the weekend you have one day off during the week to offset.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.