About the job
Aila Health is a virtual clinic for integrated specialty care, offering continuous, holistic care for autoimmune and complex care patients. Built by a team of entrepreneurs, engineers, and physicians, our virtual care platform has transformed how people access and receive coordinated specialty care. Aila supports value based care organizations by driving better health outcomes at lower costs and has been recognized as a Top 50 company in remote monitoring.
We are hiring a medical director to help design and implement a new specialty care model and work collaboratively with the product and commercial team to build and scale our clinical organization.
What you will do:
- Plan, organize, direct and be responsible for the overall operation of our virtual clinic including hiring physicians, providing training on our EMR, working with the product team to support product development, and communicating between the clinical team and other internal stakeholders
- Oversee the design and development of evidence based clinical protocols, workflows, standard operating procedures, supervision, and outcome measurement that help to enhance our virtual first specialty care model
- Provide clinical consultation and serve as clinical/strategic advisor to enhance clinical operations to reduce costs
- Support external conversations, connecting directly with value based care clients and prospects and building relationships with clinical leadership prospects
- Conduct medical review of materials as needed
- Note that this position is a part time.
We’re looking for you to bring:
- M.D. with a current, active, U.S. state medical license in CA and/or Texas, and willingness to get licensed in additional states.
- Multi-state licensed candidates preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years clinical experience, beyond residency/fellowship
- Passion to drive better health outcomes and develop innovative care models in women’s health and autoimmune care
- A desire to work cross functionally with technology and operations teams to develop new tech-enabled clinical services
- Strong leadership and management skills, experience and openness to managing a distributed team of part-time clinicians
- Comfortable in a startup environment and able to work autonomously. You are a builder and able to think outside the box of the traditional healthcare model.
- Knowledge of telemedicine and value based care
- Digitally savvy, team player, empathetic
Aila Health is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply. We actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices to make up our team.