Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) is an evidence based psychotherapy—it’s been proven to work through more than thirty years of research. The approach builds on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), another evidence based approach that has seventy years of research behind it. The core philosophy that underlies DBT is the balance between acceptance (mindfulness) and change (CBT) strategies. Research has shown that without the acceptance strategies of DBT, the change based strategies of CBT are less effective.
Unlike traditional psychotherapy DBT is a skills based program which means that treatment is not intended to be ongoing over the long term—the goal of DBT is to provide patients with the skills to thrive through a time-limited program of individual and group therapy.
- Individual & Comprehensive DBT Therapy
- Individual & Comprehensive RO (Radically Open) DBT Therapy
- Short/Long-term Psychotherapy for Depression, Anxiety, Life Stressors
- Adolescent, Couples & Family Psychotherapy
- Consultation and Counseling for Parents
- Training & Consultation for Professionals and Organizations